View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi Shona Like the others I have to say Beau is going to be living in a beautiful place, but can understand how you feel at parting with him after having him for 7 months, know it can't be easy even though he has a wonderful new family who live in an absolutely fantastic place, where he will I am sure have a great life. If I were you I would make sure I booked my visit now, even though I am sure Beau will settle in fine, but any excuse to visit such a beautiful place would be my priority. Hope Beau has a long and happy life .
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow what a beautiful place Beau is so lucky!

I can sympathyse with you being all emotional about him going, I would be the same.

It is one of the reasons why im wary about breeding from Jess, I wouldnt/couldnt give the puppys up...

Let us know how Beau gets on.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:18 PM
thanks everyone, Andrew is Due back from Argintina on the 18th, so he will be off anytime between then and the 25th I guess depending on the weather as he is driving down for him, I had put off looking at the callendar so that I did not start getting daft sooner but its creeped up very quick, to be honest it will make training the other two so much easyer, three is just to many, but I still feel like a traitor to him, I worry that he will take it badly as he is more settled and into a routine than when the other pups went at 12 weeks old, he is here with 6 other dogs and he will be on his own with no other dogs, that said hes a people dog so,..... if there are cuddles to be had he will be fine, Had him at the farm today and he was great with the cows and sheep,. and its been about a month since he has been there so not worried about him chaseing stock,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 12:44 AM
The call I have been dreading/ but looking forward to in a kinda strange way came today,
Andrew called and said if the weather is permiting could he travel down on Thursday to collect Beau.
Im happy with the new owner and home but feel that beau will feel abandoned, ...... tears ,,,,cant say anymore the thought of him being upset has got me sat hear writing this and the tears are running down my face,
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 01:02 AM
aww shona im sure he will be fine, by the sounds of things he has a great home to go to, im sure once hes settled in there he'll be like 'yay holly aint here to steal my bones and pig ears ' lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Had thought of offering to meet him at perth or pitlochry as its a hell of a drive for him there and back, It's only saving him about 160 miles if I go to pitlochry, but on a long drive thats a fair saving, fancy a drive on thursday if I do decide to do this megan? need someone to slap me and tell me to behave and act my age,,,,, terrible when you have to ask a 16 year old girl,,,, to be the sensible one,,,,, what like,,, When I had talked to him today, I had said I though it was a hell of a drive for him even more so if the weathers all grey and raining,,,,, and it prob will be just to make me more upset,,,.the other option we talked about was he could arrange to stay in a hotel for the night, but I dont know its totaly doable for him,,,, he may need to get back to the farm for the animals,,, not sure if his son is still there as he works off shore,,,, just kinda playing with ideas, I would feel bad just sitting here and letting him drive all that way,,,,,
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Had thought of offering to meet him at perth or pitlochry as its a hell of a drive for him there and back, It's only saving him about 160 miles if I go to pitlochry, but on a long drive thats a fair saving, fancy a drive on thursday if I do decide to do this megan? need someone to slap me and tell me to behave and act my age,,,,, terrible when you have to ask a 16 year old girl,,,, to be the sensible one,,,,, what like,,, When I had talked to him today, I had said I though it was a hell of a drive for him even more so if the weathers all grey and raining,,,,, and it prob will be just to make me more upset,,,.the other option we talked about was he could arrange to stay in a hotel for the night, but I dont know its totaly doable for him,,,, he may need to get back to the farm for the animals,,, not sure if his son is still there as he works off shore,,,, just kinda playing with ideas, I would feel bad just sitting here and letting him drive all that way,,,,,
sure if you want me to, it is quite far for him to drive all in one go, so meeting him there might be a good idea, well if you let me know, or we can talk about it on monday night,
Whatever you decide you shouldn't feel bad about the distance as Andrew obviously really wants beau if hes willing to drive all that way to get him, which means i think someone is going to be a spoiled little doggy
if you wanted to bring beau or vinnie to the training i could take which ever one and do some training with them like we did before x-mas if ya want
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 04:54 AM
thanks Megan and yes to both, If I meet andrew the company would be nice and a sane head would be a bonus, and yes to bring a pup, its great eh getting my pups trained for me ,lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Shona, it sounds like you've found the perfect home for Beau - he's going to love it, and will have lots of attention lavished on him, I'm sure. Big hug for Thursday honey, I'll be thinking of you xox
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Good luck for Thursday Shona. I'm sure it will go well. take a large box of tissues though......... Beau will have a wonderful life in his new home. Just think how spolit and loved he's gonna be.........lucky boy
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »