Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Gunman On The Loose - We were on lockdown

If you check out the SkyNews you will see that a gunman killed up to four people in my home-town of Whitehaven.

We live 5miles away in Egremont and he came here and shot at several people. I was literally just about to leave the surgery when we got an emergency call from the Police to lock-down the surgery and not let anyone in or out. Within half an hour of that time, he had shot at several people, unconfirmed reports of many injured.

I have never been so terrified in my life to think it could have been me if the call had been later. We were in tears at the surgery - the poor patients were scared too. I asked if anyone wanted to phone home and made the cups of tea. We were all terrified - one of the members of staff actually heard the gun-fire as her window was open.

This sort of thing never happens here, we live in a sleepy little Market Town. It has shaken me to my very core, I am still quaking now - one of the GP's brought me home, he didn't want me to walk obviously!

The gunman hasn't been caught yet, he is still on the run but miles away in Boot now which is about 45mins off. I'm too scared to go out with the dogs in case he comes back.

My thoughts are with the families of the ones shot
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh my goodness Ann-Marie I am so glad that you have not been injured that must have neen terrifying for you. How sad for the families of those killed.

We drove through Egremont and Whitehaven when we were in the Lake district. We went to the heavy horse centre at Dearham and then just headed North. Wish I'd known you were in that area would have loved to have met your gorgeous two.

Hope they catch the guy before any one else is injured. So very sad
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh my god!!!! I'm so glad you are home safe but how horrible for you! Hopefully he will be caught soon. My thoughts go out to the families involved. Hugs to you. xxxx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:28 PM

I have just seen it on the news, what en evil man! OMG I can't believe people are having to lock themselves in their homes. You poor things, stay safe xxxxxxxxx
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
So glad you're safe and hope this man gets caught before anymore innocenet people are hurt/scared.

If I were you, I definately wouldn't be walking the dogs today. I'd be well too scared! I'd also be locking all doors and windows and not be in view of windows I'd be that scared.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
What a shock.

Hope they manage to catch him soon with no more injuries or deaths.

rune
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
oh my word - as you say, you never expect this sort of thing to happen in a small quiet town.

Thank heavens for the police having the prescence of mind to phone round a warning.

I'm so glad to hear that you are ok and hope that no-one you know has been harmed either...though I guess in a small town there is a strong chance of most people knowing someone involved.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I did think of you AM, when I saw the news.... how scary for you all!

Our campus security were on stand-by, but it seems he is on foot, so we're a bit too far away now
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
It was absolutely terrifying - I had to ring Sids Parents as they always go for a walk that time of morning. I just caught them before they were due to set off thank God. They hadn't heard as the Police were contacting all businesses/shops etc on the Main Street first.

The thought that literally I would have been on that street when he came is surreal. I am still shaking from it all.

My sister and all Sids family are safe thanks - I am just so upset by it all. There's no way I'm walking Marius & Lola until I hear they have caught him.

My thoughts are with the families involved - apparently there are multiple injured and now rumoured by sources to be up to ten dead, these are unconfirmed - official confirmation so far is Four fatalities
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 12:53 PM
how absolutely awful, brings back memories of Dunblane etc.

I think all guns should be banned everywhere !!, and anyone caught in possession of any weapon like that should be prosecuted regardless whether they use it or not.

HOw awful. Take care of yourself.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »