Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 05:50 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Lynn, hope Gorden got back safely last night, maybe with some good news about a future prospect, that'd be nice wouldn't it, and you could move down here near to me. I hope they might have given him some more temporary stuff anyway, and let's hope that house of yours gets the viewings this week. Hope Dillon gets signed off at the vets today with his paw and leaves it alone from now on.

Jenny, thanks for worrying about me last night, and you got it spot on there about everyone wanting to come to you for the help when you were going through similar. Maybe we're just too good at it, so I've changed tactics now and said I don't want to know anymore, I've done my bit, and my advice to Dave is, he needs advice from a solicitor now. I can't believe just how much c*ap this poor bloke gets chucked at him and it seems just as we get over one hurdle, another obstacle is thrown in his way.

Pat, hope Bella is ok this morning after being frightened by that awful storm you had over there.

Painter is starting early this morning, so I want to be out with Zena when he arrives, cos he has a key to get into his little domain. He also told me it's a 3 day job, not 2 as I thought, which makes his price even better. I can't believe he wants 3 days when it's only walls he's painting, no gloss, cos we'll be doing that bit and the rads I did anyway, so it's only the skirtings left.

Dave went off at silly o'clock this morning I think it was still dark, and he's got one heck of a week this week, what with the problem with the employee, the moving into the temporary caravan over there tonight, let alone trying to get on with some work, but hopefully, he'll get through it all and sort all this mess out over there.

I have to stay home today, cos this painter likes to use the loo and Zena wouldn't like that if he just appeared out of her lounge and I was out So it'll be an extra long walk for us this morning, and I think I need that to sort my head out before it explodes.

Hope you're not loaded with problems or worries and can enjoy your day, I'll do me best
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning Helena. Gorden got back safely thank you and no future prospects but the Head Teacher of the school who wanted a trainer in and contacted Osiris the agency Gorden is on the books with was very pleased with his course for her Teachers and TA's. Which pleased him as when he first got there he thought uh oh she is fussy and very picky. Don't know why he worries he has never had a bad feedback since doing this sort of job for the 8+ years he has been doing it.
Bit of a restless night with Dillon and his paw and he is now laid between us on the sofa.
Hoping for at least one call today for viewing I am getting a little stressed now that we have had no calls.

I really hope all that Dave has to do today goes smoothly for him which then means it will give you less stress when he calls to let you know and then that means you will not get the job of unraveling the mess. Fingers crossed.
Good luck with the painter and Zena.

Jackie fingers crossed another peaceful night for you and Millie and that she is more settled during the day now.
Pat I hope Bella is feeling less stressed today after the storm.
To everyone else have a good Tuesday and hope you are all well.
My thoughts are with the victims and families of the awful bombings in Boston yesterday. I sincerely hope we do not get the same problems here on Sunday.
Also for that young woman's family in Suffolk yesterday after they found all her children dead and her fallen from a multi storey car park. Very very sad.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning H and all,

Lily decided she wanted to come upstairs to bed last night, so I spent the night with long legs poking at me and wet nose in the eyeballs as she kept rolling over for tummy rubs. Finally at 5 this morning she settled at the bottom of the bed and I fell into a deep sleep and overslept Now she is up in bed with Charly.

This morning I am going to tackle that cupboard under the stairs, goodness knows what I will find in there and am hoping this awful headache I have had for the past 3 days will soon shift too as its really draining me.

Hope you get some calls on the house today Lynn and sending you some (((hugs))) H.

Take care all and enjoy your day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

Helena I think it's good that you've an got an enforced day at home - hopefully you'll go easy on yourself. I can understand you needing to stay in just in case Zena decided to have a little snack on the painter. Poor Dave with his workmen. I'm just so relieved that we no longer have our company.

Lynn - sorry that Dillon is a little unsettled again. Maybe his paw is itchy now Everything crossed that your phone starts ringing soon. I honestly think that anyone trying to sell at the moment will have more luck if our weather ever settles.

It was sunny here first thing but overcast now, so I'm not too sure what is in store weather wise. My boys are regularly sleeping through until after 7.15 .... I'd love to know what is different but it is lovely

Busy day with more housework (I still haven't started spring-cleaning yet ) and food shopping. Off to walk the dogs shortly. It seems very quiet here this morning .... maybe everyone is still in bed .... unlikely.
Take care and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Bev, missed you there . Sorry you still have that headache, I assume you've taken something for it? I hope it goes soon, there is nothing worse that having a nagging pain when trying to get jobs done. Good luck with your cupboard
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Lily decided she wanted to come upstairs to bed last night, so I spent the night with long legs poking at me and wet nose in the eyeballs as she kept rolling over for tummy rubs. Finally at 5 this morning she settled at the bottom of the bed and I fell into a deep sleep and overslept Now she is up in bed with Charly.

This morning I am going to tackle that cupboard under the stairs, goodness knows what I will find in there and am hoping this awful headache I have had for the past 3 days will soon shift too as its really draining me.

Hope you get some calls on the house today Lynn and sending you some (((hugs))) H.

Take care all and enjoy your day
Morning Bev Oh that made me smile having Lily's long legs poking you all night when she wanted those belly rubs Hope the headache goes quickly.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

Helena I think it's good that you've an got an enforced day at home - hopefully you'll go easy on yourself. I can understand you needing to stay in just in case Zena decided to have a little snack on the painter. Poor Dave with his workmen. I'm just so relieved that we no longer have our company.

Lynn - sorry that Dillon is a little unsettled again. Maybe his paw is itchy now Everything crossed that your phone starts ringing soon. I honestly think that anyone trying to sell at the moment will have more luck if our weather ever settles.

It was sunny here first thing but overcast now, so I'm not too sure what is in store weather wise. My boys are regularly sleeping through until after 7.15 .... I'd love to know what is different but it is lovely

Busy day with more housework (I still haven't started spring-cleaning yet ) and food shopping. Off to walk the dogs shortly. It seems very quiet here this morning .... maybe everyone is still in bed .... unlikely.
Take care and see you later.
Morning Jenny, I'm now going up to the van as they ran out of gas last night, there was a text on my mobile, but thankfully, they had the sense to ring the night warden who came and switched the other one on for them. there's a notice in the van about calor gas, and on it, it clearly states about turning the empty off and turning the new one on, but maybe the boiler went out and they couldn't do it themselves, even though that's quite simple, it only entails turning a knob and holding it in, it lights itself, but hey ho, I'll take Zena with me.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena. Gorden got back safely thank you and no future prospects but the Head Teacher of the school who wanted a trainer in and contacted Osiris the agency Gorden is on the books with was very pleased with his course for her Teachers and TA's. Which pleased him as when he first got there he thought uh oh she is fussy and very picky. Don't know why he worries he has never had a bad feedback since doing this sort of job for the 8+ years he has been doing it.
Bit of a restless night with Dillon and his paw and he is now laid between us on the sofa.
Hoping for at least one call today for viewing I am getting a little stressed now that we have had no calls.

I really hope all that Dave has to do today goes smoothly for him which then means it will give you less stress when he calls to let you know and then that means you will not get the job of unraveling the mess. Fingers crossed.
Good luck with the painter and Zena.

Jackie fingers crossed another peaceful night for you and Millie and that she is more settled during the day now.
Pat I hope Bella is feeling less stressed today after the storm.
To everyone else have a good Tuesday and hope you are all well.
My thoughts are with the victims and families of the awful bombings in Boston yesterday. I sincerely hope we do not get the same problems here on Sunday.
Also for that young woman's family in Suffolk yesterday after they found all her children dead and her fallen from a multi storey car park. Very very sad.
Morning Lynn (don't know what happened there, it put you last lol!). glad to hear Gorden had a good trip and even better news that he's now on the books, which means future work. Ring the agents Lynn and see what's happening and why you haven't got any viewings yet.

Just got back from our walk, it's very dull and drizzly out there. I went straight in to see the painter, and Zena was impecabbly behaved (for her!), and although she tried and tried to push her way through the half open door, she wasn't barky at him, she just wanted to say hello, get a fus, show him her ball and send his tray of white paint flying all over the walls!

I will wait to give her brekkie and then she'll be coming out with me, cos I just can't risk it with that glass in the doors to the lounge and the silhouette (sp? nice try though lol!) of a strange man behind it, tooooo risky

Catch you all later, cos I really AM going to have a nice quiet day indoors later on.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Sorry - cannot talk. I have had to try to block the kitchen off as I dropped a tray of eggs and cannot get help to clean up. Clothes covered - just stripped and chucked them on the kitchen floor.

Dunno what the heck I am supposed to do now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi,
H I hope Dave and you have a good day we often get so much thrown our way I wonder how we all cope with it.
Lynn Glad Gorden got back safely. I reckon in a minute you will get so many calls for the house you won't know which way to turn!
Bev your description of Lily's night has made me laugh, I remember those long legs of Mo so well
Jenny hope you have a good day.
Malka oohhh lord whatever are you going to do? That is going to take some clearing up. Please take care.

Well I'm off to the doctor later. My shoulder is still very bad and the medication and physio is not helping at all.
See you all later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Dunno what I am going to do. If I had a bathtub I could maybe get all my clothes in that, but I do not so that is a no-no.

30 large eggs smashed all over my tiny kitchen - floor swimming in broken eggs, everything covered - I am sitting here in floods of tears because my kitchen is in floods of broken eggs, and I cannot get anyone to help me and Pereg keeps trying to get through the temporary gate I have put across the kitchen doorway to keep her away from the mess.

And it is Yom HaAtzmaut - a holiday - our Independence Day, so what on earth am I supposed to do?

Crackingly funny, apparently.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Will your neighbour be able to come in and help at all, trying to think of a way for you to clean it up

xxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »