View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I hadn't seen your replies Phil. Karen's parents ponies are gorgeous and look like Highlands to me. Do they live in the Highlands too?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Wyrd - Murf is gorgeous!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I have found the Highland pony people to be some of the friendliest and most helpful group of folk I have ever met

I have numerous offers of rides and meetings with local (and not so local) Hipos, so can't wait for the snow to go so I can get off the hill.

Here is the lovely Highland mare who lives on the hill and who I am enjoying getting to know.

And the working ponies I met in a glen in Torridon

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I'd forgotten that I'd posted these - perhaps somebody could tell me if they are Highland ponies ??
yes those are highlands, very nice ones at that

my mate who lives in acharacle had mostly highlands for use in her pony trekking,

they had all sorts of personalitys from fast fast fast to compleat slobs, age doesnt play a part, some of the youngsters were so lazy, stuborn pain in the asses to be honest,
to some of the older ones that thought they were in the Grand nash,...lol
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I hadn't seen your replies Phil. Karen's parents ponies are gorgeous and look like Highlands to me. Do they live in the Highlands too?
They live in a little place called Fearnan on the banks of Loch Tay close to Ben Lawers. They have a lot of land which he lets for livestock. Debbie and Beauty don't actually belong to him but we're lucky as they are kept on the land which is around the house itself so over the years they have more or less become part of the family. Hannah is so excited that there's going to be a wee foal soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2