register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Best of luck with that one Lynn, they put Cariad and Lona's up to £64 a month EACH and I have never ever claimed either!!
I couldn't find anyone to take them on for less, so am putting some money away, although the bathroom saga was obviously an unexpected expense and I had to 'borrow' from them.Also have now taken an interest free credit card with £4k on it just in case. I too wrote and complained and said how I felt and that at Cariad and Lona's age (10) it was the age when they would need insurance most and they had priced us out of the market effectively. Bearing in mind I have never claimed and I still couldn't get affordable cover, I doubt you will with Dillon, sorry to say this, but if you do let me know!!!
Just got in from my lunch, very very cold, called in and bought 3 bags of logs on the way home. Signs on the motorway and in Farnworth saying they are gritting. Nearly had heart failure on the way out, the news was on saying Severe Weather Warning for Manchester just as I was getting on the motorway, stayed dry and sunny as it said it would on my weather app, had visions of me trying to get home in a blizzard They can do the severe weather now, I am home, girls will get sorted in a minute, and their heat lamps are ready and will put them on a teatime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Glad your home ok June.
Have spoken to the broker they are looking into a different insurer his hips and elbows and paw will be excluded but we will put money away for that hopefully the difference in premium for medication when needed. He won't be needing them yet he is doing very well on the cortaflex.
She agreed to go somewhere else and they are happy to find someone for us if they can. Had a look myself and can get cheaper quotes than paying even now for same amount of cover for illness and injury which is what we want.
Have emailed a review on a pet insurance site recommended by the broker she is trying to get hold of the insurance underwriter to see if anything can be done.
Have also emailed watchdog with a brief description of whats happened.

Got fed up of waiting for the call from the garage after having to ring this afternoon and being told 20 mins so emailed them a rather terse message then he rings to say car can go in Saturday and be ready late Monday. Told him to ignore the email said I have just about had enough of can't be bothered bad customer service for today.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2016, 04:20 PM
June - "Just got in from my lunch". Well that's not very informative is it - here we are waiting with baited breath to vicariously enjoy your meanderings - and that's the limit of our information? You'd make a great secret agent nobody'd get any info out of you! LOL !
As you so rightly point out, virtually all (as far as I can see) of the Insurers are absolute Shysters if you'll pardon my North American Colloquiallism.
They want it all their own way and don't care a fig for your animals.
It's been a lovely day up here, very cold, but bright and cheerful outside.
We were bracing ourselves for a massive snowfall (as forecast) no show though, so far anyway. There is, as I said earlier, a dusting of snow over everywhere that looks like some giant hand has shaken a sieve of icing sugar over the place. Just looking out across it makes living seem worthwhile, somehow wild, bleak and incredibly beautiful at the same time.
Hope you did have a good time - after such a long wait! Bye fer now.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Lynn, my friend took out cover with VMC a couple of years ago and they were good then. She was convinced cover was £10k per illness which is why she went there. Now it seems it's the TOTAL per year and they've also changed underwriters which might explain the price hike. Whenever she claimed when they did pay out the money went in her bank without any advisory so she never knew what was actually claimed for by her vet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 04:28 PM
They changed underwriters last year Twix and the premiums went up considerably but we stayed due to Dillon's joint problems as the cover remained the same and very good. He would of been excluded for those conditions elsewhere.
We would of paid the premium even though it is horrendous an increase of £27 per month if the cover had remained the same but for the problems he has they will only now cover for £3000. £10,000 for anything else till next year if anything goes wrong so they can take a hike.
We do like a substantial amount in the pot for emergencies so will go elsewhere and have to accept the exclusions.
To say I am upset with them is an understatement. The broker was saying loads of customers have voted with their feet and taken it further.
Their name will be mud before the end of the year.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Pleased you had a good lunch June and arrived home safe before any nasty weather happened

Don't worry Gordon we will send in supplies if you are snowed in after all don't want the dogs to starve

Forget the weight Griff once you feel better and the warmer weather is here you should be able to shift some.

Shame about the insurance Lynn, They increased Teazl's by nearly £30 a month. Have found one for a lot less but then Teazle has no health problems at the moment.

Managed to get another walk in with ominous dark clouds looming but so far it is still dry. Had a lovely lunch out and also managed to get all I wanted whilst shopping.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't see they have rhyme or reason to DOUBLE my premiums for 2 dogs who have never been claimed for, also I then had to cancel Mabs and Keshi as I felt it wouldn't be fair for some to be covered and some not, plus their premiums had shot up as well, again never been claimed for. I would have had to cancel Mabs anyway as I have now bred from her and its against the conditions, just forgot to do it last year. Poor Zen has never been insured, and looks like she never will be now
LG, met my friend in Cheadle Village as she now lives in the High Peak district. We went in a nice pub. lovely staff, and it was a tad pricey really, but its only once a year. Not as good as The Horseshoe if I'm honest, but the portions were enormous and it was nice and made a change. Shame I had to clear off and so did she, but the weather warnings made us a bit over cautious maybe, then again I would rather be home early than stuck on the M60/M61 in a blizzard
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 04:35 PM
June seems they have no rhyme or reason either they want out or they have underestimated how angry people will get and leave and also take them to the cleaners or at least try. Whichever it will do their reputation no good.
Poor girl from the broker has had a horrible time breaking the news to people.
They are encouraging people to name and shame them.

I reckon LG has been out with the mems sieve and icing sugar.
Gorden is interviewing for possible students today and he said one girl came from Birmingham and said it snowing there this morning.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 04:46 PM
No snow here Lynn, think it missed us.Has gone really cold now.
Girls have got nice deep beds as I've opened the last bale of shavings, at least its dry so maybe I won't use as much. Need it to last till Monday.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2016, 04:54 PM
June "heat lamps are ready and will put them on a teatime."

If they have dry shavings and a nice wooden shed at these temperatures I wouldn't think they need them. Still it will be a bit of luxory for them
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >