Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Owww

So after Layton destroyed two tennis balls in the space of 10 seconds we bought him an extra tough ball to play with.

Unfortunately he's got a little hello thing going on when he greets us with bounces, followed by going to his toy box to bring us an offering - last night I got in from the supermarket to be greeted with the offering of his heavy duty ball, which he happily dropped at my feet, missed and landed on my foot full force.

It blooming hurts - last night I was convinced I'd broken a toe, today I just have a cracking bruise... and I'm getting no sympathy cos hubby thinks it's hillarious! Talk about being killed with kindness.

So those chewproof balls... hurt.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 08:33 AM
OW! That can hurt...amusing but hurts

At least he said hello...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Ouch! That's gotta hurt, it'll teach you for giving him tough toys Hope you're toe heals up quickly
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:02 PM
ouch! Flints done that to me with a hard rubber ball, and Simbas done it with a flipping meat filled bone! Not pleasant!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:11 PM
We ARE however considering signing him up for the England footie team as it was such a cracking shot.

Should be the next world cup sorted, apart from when he gets bored and decides to dismember the ball...
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:18 PM
If you can track down a stockist, there's a ball called the Fenda Ball by "Best Friends Pet Products" - it's tennis ball sized, near indestructible (it's made from the material water buoys are made from), but lightweight unless a solid rubber ball. I ended up buying a whole stash as they're fab and Kiki is yet to destroy any with her strong Rottie jaws!