Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Yogi –2 year old male Alaskan Malamute cross German Shepherd

Please meet yummy Yogi and what a gorgeous bear he is!! Yogi is an approximately 2 year old alaskan malamute cross German shepherd. He is a big boy that just loves cuddles and affection! Yogi has been living with 9 other dogs from a yorkie up to a mastiff, old and young and a mix of sexes and has been faultless – He just loves to play with them all, When he isnt playing he likes to snuggle up under your feet on the floor.

He makes a great rug! Yogi is clean in the house apart from the occasional scent marking which is to be expected as he has only recently been neutered. He has been let off lead and stays with our pack, however his recall is not 100% – more when he feels like it! He loves to greet strangers when out and about and is very gentle, He has been around children as young as 7 and laps up all the attention however he would need a home with children aged 12 plus only as he is boisterous and could knock small children over.

He travels perfectly in the car and lays happily in the boot or on the backseat. He has great manners with his food and doesnt guard it at all. Yogi would make a fantastic addition to a family that know the breed – He has typical malamute traits, He is stubborn and only does as he is told when he feels like it. Yogi cannot live with small furries or cats but there must be at least one resident dog in his new home as company for him.

He is a very gentle well mannered and submissive dog, When unsure he will roll over and give you his belly for a rub! Yogi would make a fantastic addition to a new family…Could he be your new guardian angel? He has been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped

2Apr2012 | South East Dog Rescue
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Would he classed as a NI ...??
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I just cannot understand (apart from looks) why people insist on crossing a handler dependant breed with a non handler dependent one, what does it achieve?

Sprockers I can understand, Springadors/Spanadors I can understand, but these two breeds have two ENTIRELY different outlooks on life and often a recipe for disaster.

It is the same reason I am so against Akita x GSD (nothing personal MM).............
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I just cannot understand (apart from looks) why people insist on crossing a handler dependant breed with a non handler dependent one, what does it achieve?

Sprockers I can understand, Springadors/Spanadors I can understand, but these two breeds have two ENTIRELY different outlooks on life and often a recipe for disaster.

It is the same reason I am so against Akita x GSD (nothing personal MM).............
Isnt always looks ...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:51 PM
So what is it then, cost it sure aint temperament, ease of training etc!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I am saying its looks ..lol
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 10:04 PM
It's because some person has a bitch and their mate has a dog and.......££££££££££££££££££

Chaching! Puppies!

Anyway.....looks like a nice dog, hope he gets a home soon. No idea why people think scent marking in the home is 'normal' for entire males???? I certainly wouldn't put up with it!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 04:15 AM
No scent marking indoors is not "to be expected" whether the dog is entire, recently neutered or otherwise.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
No scent marking indoors is not "to be expected" whether the dog is entire, recently neutered or otherwise.
Exactly. Otherwise none of us would own males would we?

In answer to Murf - it's a first cross, not an NI, and NI is supposed to have sibe in it. I guess people may jump on the bandwagon with first crosses though, anything to sell pups.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I saw him the other day and told OH he might come home from his work trip to find another dog in the house He's a gorgeous boy and sounds very much like Casper (bar the peeing indoors - I did think it was odd that they considered that normal!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >