Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 05:27 AM

Dog Beds

I am, once again, in the market for a dog bed. Poor Moxie. Whenever my cats get hacked off and decide to show their disaproval by inapropriate urination, they do it on her bed (or mine). But the cat urine soaks into the padding and ruins the bed. Stupid cats.

So I'm in the market for a good bed. An orthapedic bed may not be out of line. Something washable, with a waterproof liner. I've found a couple online designed for older dogs with urinary incontinence. Just wondered if anyone has any recomendations. I'm willing to spend some money on this, but only if I can be sure it won't be ruined the first time one of the cats has a mood.

Thanks.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Can you not buy a wicker or plastic one that has a washable pad in it? Buy 3 pads so you;ve got one in use, one in the wash and one drying?
Becky
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Can you not buy a wicker or plastic one that has a washable pad in it? Buy 3 pads so you;ve got one in use, one in the wash and one drying?
Becky
sounds like a good plan.
My cats do the same!!!! little Bugg@r's....... i buy the fleecey types that can be machine washed and tumble dryed.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:09 AM
That's what I do! A lot easier if any accidents occur, girls in season, throw up etc!
Becky
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:48 AM
i made my own out of a duvet and cover got hold of a waterproof matress proteector and sewed them all together and put the duvet cover over the top so it can go in the wash i cut in half so i have two of them it can go in the wash and is great, could you do that.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Gemma's bed is a muolded plastic,she's had it ages completely scrubbable,and you can use what ever blankets you like ,easily washed but may i sugest that maybe you keep you cats out of your bedroom ,if they are likely to "pee"on your bed ,sorry i know its none of my business but replacing beds is very expensive ,oh forgot to tell you gemmas bed was bought in wilkinsons for about £10 .good luck please dont take my comments personaly.:
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2007, 12:35 AM
I got a nice dog bed at the SKC show today. It has a waterproof inner lining and the cover zips off . It's made by aroma pet mats , www.aromapetmats.co.uk. I paid £15 for it and spare covers are also available. (£7 at the show). Its quite thick , very soft , and my dog has hardly got off it since I brought it home .
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Minnie has two beds, neither which she uses as she is a spoilt madam and sleeps on my bed. So she said you are welcome to one of her posh beds which mommy foolishly paid a fortune for.