View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:38 PM

How Much has Your Vehicle Been Taken Over?

I've got a 53 plate Renault Scenic, obtained when I had 2 dogs and not 3 so it isnt really big enough now! The car only really gets used to taxi the dogs to and from their favourite walks, it very rarely has human passengers in it!

I was looking at it today and thinking how much it had been taken over by the dogs and the various doggy junk I think might be required at some point!

So, my question is, what doggy items do you regularly carry around in your car? Mine is as follows:

* Upholstery shampoo/fabric freshner to battle the ever present grime and stench caused by wet and dirty dogs
* Various leads, collars and headcollars
* Poo bags
* Spare whistle
* Long line
* Toys
* Large 'D' clip in case I need to hook the dogs up to something
* Water bowl and 5 litre bottle of water
* Dog first aid kit
* Rear seat protector in case any of them have to sit on the back seats (they are confined ordinarily to the boot)
* I have a Curver box permanently situated on the back seat containing game bag (fully equipped with gundog training aids), wellies, walking boots, gaiters and carrier bags.

I must however get my hands on a spare clicker since I often forget mine at class and then I think i've got just about everything!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Oh dear........I have nothing in my car apart from the rug he sleeps on in the boot.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Kennel on wheels
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:45 PM
We have a 2001 Renault Scenic - used for everything - but if we ferry people - they cant wear black!

We have car maintenance stuff like de-icer and water etc.
For the dogs we have - water bottles (changed weekly as we are never in the car long enough for them to want a drink)
- water dishes
- box of food
- towels
- leads
- poo bags
- a cover for the seat which never gets used
- cardboard boxes for Louie
- a bone

Thats about it - ours are always on the back seat as we have tools in the boot and my OH has this fear that someone will back end us and the dogs will get crushed in the crate. in need of new harnesses though - damn Louie - he's chewed through all of them - Sadie's and Benjie's too - little sh*t!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Oh dear........I have nothing in my car apart from the rug he sleeps on in the boot.
I have even less Just a few poo bags and his car harness
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:55 PM
As I get older, I seem to find more things to worry about and an accident involving the rear end of my car is a big worry for me. Whenever I drive down the motorway my only thought is "what if I have an accident and the boot flies open and my dogs get loose on the carriageway".

I am after the Barjo tailgate guard (tailgate guards are near impossible to find ready made for my particular model) but at near £200 it's money I cant find.

What I desperately need is a van!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
As I get older, I seem to find more things to worry about and an accident involving the rear end of my car is a big worry for me. Whenever I drive down the motorway my only thought is "what if I have an accident and the boot flies open and my dogs get loose on the carriageway".

I am after the Barjo tailgate guard (tailgate guards are near impossible to find ready made for my particular model) but at near £200 it's money I cant find.

What I desperately need is a van!
I just need dogs that dont chew or shed hair!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Not much really, the big dogs all go in the boot and the two smaller ones go in soft crates on the back seat, the back seat has a seat protector on it to save the leather from scuffs. The boot has a big thick fleece covered waterproof bed to soak up any excess damp and the I made some boot protectors out of mdf covered in elephant cord carpet to protect the insides of the boot itself. They are sandwiched between a dog guard and a tail gate guard. All their paraphanalia is kept in those woven tesco bags so that they fit in the rear footwell and are quickly removed when needed. Nothing of the dogs stuff is ever in the front of the car at all. It's all quite organised really and makes cleaning up quite speedy too.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Anybody who owns a Scenic will know they come with plenty of cubby holes and drawers so everything is neatly stashed away.
Since my dogs go everywhere in the car I find it's easier to keep most things in there otherwise i'll end up forgetting stuff. I have a tendency to just put their collars on, pile them in and drive and I even used to forget leads!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I just need dogs that dont chew or shed hair!
How about a chinese crested with no teeth
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >