View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
She seems to be behaving like some staffies I have known. Simply can't cope with anything out of the ordinary---dogs making odd noises etc.

It does seem to be a staffie trait but having said that Benj my collie has to be kept seperate from my small dog if I am not around---he can't deal with any squeaks and she does do that sometimes. He'll also get wound up if a dog rolls and makes noises.

She sounds a lot worse, don't have any answers I am afraid, you don't want Gelert to get hurt or to have to live with worry.

rune
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Could she be coming in to season it can make them a bit grumpy sometimes???
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
sorry to hear about the incident with Gelert.
Don't have any advice, but hope you work it out x
Thanks x

Originally Posted by rune View Post
She seems to be behaving like some staffies I have known. Simply can't cope with anything out of the ordinary---dogs making odd noises etc.

It does seem to be a staffie trait but having said that Benj my collie has to be kept seperate from my small dog if I am not around---he can't deal with any squeaks and she does do that sometimes. He'll also get wound up if a dog rolls and makes noises.

She sounds a lot worse, don't have any answers I am afraid, you don't want Gelert to get hurt or to have to live with worry.

rune
That is my main concern She has been fine since this morning's incident, however apart from one solitary cough (which she didn't react to) he hasn't given her 'reason' to start on him. I am feeling so heartsick right now. What happens next really depends on her, because I can deal with her being DA but if she is going to start going for Gelert she cannot stay Please be good, Gracie.

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Could she be coming in to season it can make them a bit grumpy sometimes???
It's a possibility. Tbh I wouldn't be too surprised if she is already spayed, as her previous owners cared enough microchip her. I will get her a vet appointment asap and discuss all this with him.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear she has gone for Gelert

Perhaps the initial attack just left her feeling a bit on edge and reactive. Hopefully as long as you can manage situations to prevent anymore she may calm down and relax.

For example once Kestral has had a bad reaction, things that would not normally cause her to react do provoke a reaction as she is so on edge. She has even barked at me in the confusion of feeling so anxious.

It sounds like you are being really sensible about it all, and fingers crossed Gracie can continue to get on peacfully with Gelert. A vet check is always a good suggestion and I think the rescue would probably appreciate being kept in the loop.
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh no! Everything crossed that she was just feeling a bit tense when she had a go at Gelert. Poor little(big) man.

We had this a couple of weeks ago - there's a house down from ours with some communal land outside it which we have to walk through to get to the park. The people who live in the house just let their staffieXlab puppy run loose on this little bit of land. OH was walking Emmie (who is fine generally, but not good if strange dogs run up to her when she's on the lead) up through it, didn't realise puppy was out, it ran out of the bushes and Emmie attacked the pup . He had to go back and do some serious grovelling, even though really their dog shouldn't be loose. It makes you feel so dreadful.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Sorry to hear she has gone for Gelert

Perhaps the initial attack just left her feeling a bit on edge and reactive. Hopefully as long as you can manage situations to prevent anymore she may calm down and relax.

For example once Kestral has had a bad reaction, things that would not normally cause her to react do provoke a reaction as she is so on edge. She has even barked at me in the confusion of feeling so anxious.

It sounds like you are being really sensible about it all, and fingers crossed Gracie can continue to get on peacfully with Gelert. A vet check is always a good suggestion and I think the rescue would probably appreciate being kept in the loop.
This did cross my mind and I'm hoping that's all it is. I must remember too she must still be stressed at all the changes she's gone through lately.

Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
Oh no! Everything crossed that she was just feeling a bit tense when she had a go at Gelert. Poor little(big) man.

We had this a couple of weeks ago - there's a house down from ours with some communal land outside it which we have to walk through to get to the park. The people who live in the house just let their staffieXlab puppy run loose on this little bit of land. OH was walking Emmie (who is fine generally, but not good if strange dogs run up to her when she's on the lead) up through it, didn't realise puppy was out, it ran out of the bushes and Emmie attacked the pup . He had to go back and do some serious grovelling, even though really their dog shouldn't be loose. It makes you feel so dreadful.
Sorry about what happened, it's a horrible feeling isn't it? I hope the pup's owners have learned their lesson though as in this case it was them at fault.

I'm taking each day at a time now. Gracie's been really good today; a firm 'ah ah' when she looks twice at Gelert's (fortunately infrequent) snorts and there have been no incidents. She's very good at listening to me when we're in the house.
They've been playing (with me refereeing) and she was v. tolerant of the boisterous boydog, and they were even drinking out of the same water bowl just now.
So fingers crossed, and I will continue to supervise them very closely. Seems to be a case of 'When she is good she is very, very good, and when she is bad she is horrid'
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
This did cross my mind and I'm hoping that's all it is. I must remember too she must still be stressed at all the changes she's gone through lately.

I'm taking each day at a time now. Gracie's been really good today; a firm 'ah ah' when she looks twice at Gelert's (fortunately infrequent) snorts and there have been no incidents. She's very good at listening to me when we're in the house.
They've been playing (with me refereeing) and she was v. tolerant of the boisterous boydog, and they were even drinking out of the same water bowl just now.
So fingers crossed, and I will continue to supervise them very closely. Seems to be a case of 'When she is good she is very, very good, and when she is bad she is horrid'
I know this one very well
Fingers crossed things continue on the up
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5