Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:08 AM

what is wrong with the Maltese dog??

It seems that no one on Dogsey has a maltese, nor an Australian Silky Terrier (but I get that as it is an Australian breed), nor a Bull Arab again though it is a cross breed made in Australia, but the Maltese, why is it no one has them?????? Does anone know someone that has one or a cross????
They are very popular here ever since they added ****-tzu in with them, they are a very over bred dog here and there are so many that are in rescues.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Good question, I don't know why the Maltese is not particularly popular in the UK - seems like the Bichons is chosen instead.

There is one other Dogsey member with a maltese (or possibly a cross, I'm not sure) - Shaza. She is in the UK now but got him when she was living in Spain.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:51 AM
we have two that come to the surgery,and they are really cool little guys
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Nothing wrong with them. We need to see more pics!!!!!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I know loads of Maltese... but then again, I am in Canada... lol and yes there's lots of Maltese crosses running around, mostly with Shih tsu or poodle, but I know some crossed with pugs, min pins, chi, bichon, am cocker, terriers of all sorts. yes they are a popular breed to mix with something, and there are certainly more than a few pure breds around too! nice little dogs for the most part (unless spoiled and not trained)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
i second that emma!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Good question, I don't know why the Maltese is not particularly popular in the UK - seems like the Bichons is chosen instead.

There is one other Dogsey member with a maltese (or possibly a cross, I'm not sure) - Shaza. She is in the UK now but got him when she was living in Spain.
Awww you don't know what you are missing out on they are like big dogs with little bodies but are clueless to that fact

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
we have two that come to the surgery,and they are really cool little guys
I think their personalities are the best they are so tenacious

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
will od but am still in the dark ages and have a film camera

Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I know loads of Maltese... but then again, I am in Canada... lol and yes there's lots of Maltese crosses running around, mostly with Shih tsu or poodle, but I know some crossed with pugs, min pins, chi, bichon, am cocker, terriers of all sorts. yes they are a popular breed to mix with something, and there are certainly more than a few pure breds around too! nice little dogs for the most part (unless spoiled and not trained)
Scratch is only trained to scratch and eat and to sign language but he is not spoilt okay maybe he is a bit, but not the way I am guessing you mean. He was a troubled dog when we got him but he is so good now and love him to bits, I don't mind the crosses but it seems to be crossed for the temperment factor I find which is a shame as they are so funny and strong which they tend to lose a bit when crossed

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i second that emma!!
okay okay okay will find some more
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Em - Christmas is coming, why don't you sweet talk your OH into buying you a digital camera..don't know whether its the same over there, but you don't have to pay a fortune for one - and that way we could get to seeLouis, Scratch and Jed more often
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Em - Christmas is coming, why don't you sweet talk your OH into buying you a digital camera..don't know whether its the same over there, but you don't have to pay a fortune for one - and that way we could get to seeLouis, Scratch and Jed more often
I have been hinting hard, so hopefully I will as I want to show my boys more and if all else fails I will buy him one so I can use it
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
I have been hinting hard, so hopefully I will as I want to show my boys more and if all else fails I will buy him one so I can use it
I just thought of another idea - buy OH the camera for his Christmas pressie....he probably won't want it so you can use it instead
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >