Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 07:11 AM

Daily Dogsey Thread (Monday)

Good morning one and all its a cold one this morning! So much so I have dug my thermals out and put them on. I don't know how frosty it is out there but it certainly feels a bit nippy indoors.

I haven't had a chance to read back D.A.D. last night so will go and do that now before I take Amber out. She is having her breakfast at the moment.

Have a good day everyone, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Beautiful sun rise and sky that isn't so good this morning.
Gorden gone back to London till Thursday evening he has another Friday working from home I am over to Essex to see Gill and swap our presents and put Christmas bits on the graves. She has a scan Thursday and is back Monday for the results can't see them being in by then but hey ho.
She will probably end up worrying over Christmas again.

Frost out there today and very cold.

Hope cats got their beds turned on and everybody had a good nights sleep.
Stay safe and warm today.

Happy birthday to Lona and Cariad. X
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Very cold and frosty when I took Teazle out but the sun was shinning. Teazle now tucked up in bed under a radiator.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Morning all, wowie its a coldie today. Just 1c in sunny Devon today. It is sunny too thank goodness
I hope Gorden has a good journey back Lynn. Travelling is not so good at this time of the year.
Moyra, stay warm
Morning Sue, Pepsi is still out in the frost. I reckon they have met all the other old boys and they are stood somewhere yapping!

Nothing much on today so I may pop in and out
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Cold here this morning, no frost though, quite grey with no sun, so you've been and gone and stolen it again and taken it away from us up here in the frozen North
Given Cariad and Lona lots of birthday cuddles and kisses, they were more interested in breakfast, and back into the big kennel and tucked up again.
Mabs still hopping about, put more antiseptic on and told her how brave she was,and she licked my nose in agreement. She's amazingly nimble when foods about though
Not quite thermal weather for me, but now wearing my snowboarding trousers to take the girls out, plus thermal socks over thin cotton ones.
Its nice that Gordon is able to come home and work on a Friday Lynn, the week isn't quite as long then is it. Got everything crossed here for Gill and good results.
Nippy, they say women gossip, but often see clusters of blokes and dogs all putting the world to rights, but better than sitting at home staring at 4 walls
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Hm thought I was late on parade today but no one around. Bad night last night not much sleep not sure why so I just listened to the radio for hours. Probably sleep ok tonight as that is how it seems to go. They say as you get older you need less. So maybe that is it. Hope griff is ok and not starting the flu. Hope you all are having a good day. ttfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Brenda, I spend much of the night listening to LBC especially Steve Allen from 4am to 6.30 when I either turn over to Essex Radio and James Whale or turn it off and come on here after doing Amber's breakfast of course. It has been cold today but not too bad a day. Have a good evening all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Folk seem a bit thin on the ground here today. Hope that everyone has had a nice day, whatever they were doing.
Frosty here this morning and ice on all the water troughs and butts.
Have spent my day putting in daffodils (several sacks full) do it every year. The Mem loves it when the place is awash with bobbing golden heads in the springtime. The dogs have been helping. Too enthusiastically sometimes, on one occasion digging up a clump of a dozen or so when I turned back to the wheelbarrow for a moment. At least they didn't eat any (very toxic to dogs I'm told).
Now back home and have just fed them all - so things will be quiet for an hour or three!
Hope Griff is OK as she was a bit under the weather last night.
See you later, bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 05:31 PM
LG Daffodils and Narcissi are poisonous to both dogs and humans. I know of a silly lady that put them in her veg trays and cooked them as onions and was extremely ill. I guess they will look beautiful in the spring mine are coming up already and I still have more to put in. Hope to do that tomorrow if I am up to it.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Ooooh! Moyra - Daffodil soup - delicious! Even I'm not daft enough to try and eat one. Wasn't sure just how toxic they were but certainly wasn't going to risk eating one. Was told years ago that they were non-dog friendly and so have always kept an eye on my lot whenever they're being planted or moved.
Trouble with mine is that they spend nearly all day every day out and about with me and consider it their duty to "help", with just about anything I'm doing. Sadly, their idea of help and mine are sometimes poles apart! lol !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >