Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LSurb
New Member!
Female 

11-12-2015, 03:12 AM

Shots for my dogs and weight gain.

I recently found 2 dogs on the side of the road and decided to keep them after being unable to locate their owners, if they even had any. One is a 80 lb lab and the other is a 70 lb boxer. They are both girls and the vet said they were around two. I have had them for a few months now and I take them everywhere with me. I have horses so they go to the barn with me everyday and they also go to competitions with me so we do a lot of traveling. But what I was wondering is how do I get weight on them, they eat more than the recommended serving yet they dont seem to be gaining weight. I know that with horses if they start to lose weight then they might have worms. Is the same true for dogs? also I am going to buy them their shots online and I was wondering what kind I would need. We do travel a lot and they love playing with other dogs and my horses. I am going to get them both spayed when I can afford it. Are there any special shots or medicines that they need?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi, yes, dogs can get worms too. You can buy many wormers over the counter

Regarding shots, I would get your vet to do this as they'll also know what you need to vaccinate for in your area. Your vet can also give the dogs a once over too and perhaps recommend the best wormer.

Good luck and well done on rescuing them
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Well done for taking these two dogs in.
80 pounds sounds a pretty good weight for a lab, maybe even a bit too heavy?
Why do you think they need more weight on?
Definitely take them to your Vet to get them weighed and advice on nutrition requirements.
Also for shots and worming tablets. Here are a couple of links on ideal weights for your dogs.

http://www.thelabradorsite.com/how-m...abrador-weigh/

http://www.allboxerinfo.com/boxer-dog-weight