Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2015, 07:19 PM

Pure dehydrated dog food

Hello!

been looking at (and getting lost in the maze of) dog food, and wondering if anybody has any experience with this food?

http://purepetfood.co.uk/

I'm wanting to feed a high quality diet with the option of varying it up with fruits, veggies, RMB's and offal/scraps/anything else to keep interest high. as well as the option of using things such as liver cake or dehydrated salmon skin for training (and taking out of daily food quota).

thanks in advance!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
I have tried it it is good but I found it a bit of a faff. Plus for a large dog expensive.
Feed raw mince and veg etc.,
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Sounds ok - but the most ideal is fresh/raw imo.

Fresh foods contain enzymes (that actually aid in the digestion of food) that no cooked (or even frozen) food will. Out of the two I would opt for home-made frozen if I had to
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2015, 07:59 PM
do you mean the rehydration with regards to faff? I can imagine it being a tense 15 minutes! luckily with the dog ill be getting, giving 1 meal a day (1/2 daily intake) would equate to 72p a day!

i would have thought it would be an easier option compared to handing mince, prepping veggies and everything else along with it. my idea was for it to be a non gross option for the OH to do, he has a thing about touching raw meat haha.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Yes the waiting for the 10 mins or so is a bit of a faff. Plus it is a bit soft and after trying it I decided I prefer the raw mince option. Dillon doesn't always get veg they are usually steamed and the left overs from when I do bulk when cooking for us.
I have found a product called luposan that I add to his food it contains all the minerals and vitamins that raw fed dogs may be lacking. It is a good food but for me it didn't hit the buttons so I put him back on the raw mince. Personal preference that's all. Feeding a 64 kg dog it doesn't work out cheaper.