Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rileymom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2015, 01:12 PM

Dog peeing blood and incontinence

My 11 year old dog has had a history of bladder stones. Last winter it appears that he has peed out the stones and was left with one small stone. Ever since then he pees blood some times and for the past few weeks he dribbles urine. Not much but a couple spots of it when it's time for him to go outside. He is behaving normal and hasn't changed his behaviour at all. He's a very hyper, happy dog. The only medication he is on is Ubavet which is a mixture of glucosamine and chondroitin for his slight arthritis. I have a vet appointment for later today. Wondering if anyone can help with this?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2015, 01:45 PM
It could well be that he has a urinary infection so the vet appointment is the only way to go x
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I am in total agreement with Chris, and as you already have an appointment with your vet, hope that all goes well and is swiftly resolved. Good luck!
P.S. Please tell us how you get on.
rileymom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Just got a call from vet. Riley is behaving normally and peeing better. Pee has cleared up; however, ultrasound is showing some small stones (again!) that will pass without problems and a mass on the opposite end where urine empties the bladder. Vet feels it may be inflammation but they have taken a sample to be tested. 50/50 chance it could be cancerous. She said it is treatable. She is also pleased that it isn't where the urine empties so no obstruction there. She is prescribing Metacam (he has been on it before), antibiotics since he has an infection and the s/d food for the stones. Crossing fingers for a good result on the mass! Can anyone shed any light on this issue if they've been through it? Stressed!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Hello CJ I haven't got any experience of this but hope Riley is ok.
Sounds as if your vet is pretty upbeat about it.
Good luck.