Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2005, 07:40 AM

What do you think (i think itīs crazy)

Just heard on the news they want to put the age for pensioners up to 67 years soon they will not need a pension you work till you drop down dead disgusting
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Personally, as long as you're fit to work I don't see the problem. My dad'll be 60 next year and the day he retires will be the day he stops 'living'. He lives for his work; I worry about what'll happen if he ever chooses to retire. As long as he's fit for the job and it's not detrimental to his health, I don't see the problem.

State pensions in this country are negligible and a disgrace anyway - at least if they're on a salary rather than a pension, elderly people have a better chance of actually affording to have both heating and food over winter It shouldn't be this way, but unfortunately it is.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 08:08 AM
i think its terrible its as if the older you get and near to retirement age they up the age limit again its as if they dont want to pay a pension out,my dad is 63 he will retire when it pleases him you never retire from farm work not unless you got someone else to run the farm but hes happy in his work
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Personally, as long as you're fit to work I don't see the problem. My dad'll be 60 next year and the day he retires will be the day he stops 'living'.
that isnīt really the point everybody likes to keep working even when you get older you need it. the point is that you pay in for 35-45 years to have a pension that you can relaxe and do things what you would like to do. and it gives room for some of the junger people to get a job.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
i think its terrible its as if the older you get and near to retirement age they up the age limit again its as if they dont want to pay a pension out,my dad is 63 he will retire when it pleases him you never retire from farm work not unless you got someone else to run the farm but hes happy in his work
I can understand your dad and he will never stop working either he has worked hard for what he has got and as you say i know many farmers who have the same problem who is going to carry it on
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 08:21 AM
if i had the chance i would carry on the farm but farming is very hard work he will eventually give up farming then he can relax i hope
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
if i had the chance i would carry on the farm but farming is very hard work he will eventually give up farming then he can relax i hope
carry it on as long as you can if you have a job somewhere else it can be just as hard or harder
Chilli-Pepper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2005, 08:48 AM
If this is to be the case then we need to stop paying pension contributions, via NI as it seems like we will never get anything we've paid in for ??

I am most certainly not holding my breath for any pension when i finally get there, the next thing we will hear will be scrapping it!!

Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Well i am in two cases, i think it is unfair that when a person of good health gets to a certain age they are told they aren't aloud to work anymore, surely they should have the right to make the decision, shouldnt they?
But then again i also think it is highly unethical to expect someone of poor health to work till 67!!!!!!!!!
So if the age is raised, what wil be classed as earely retirement?
It illustrates what a society we live in, for the good and the bad
Best wishes
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
My father-in-law retired last year and he wasn't none to happy about it. He loved his job. How come someone who owns his own business isn't forced to retire at 65? Why should it be any different for them?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >