Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:44 PM

At my wits end!!!!

I had a door fitted by a company who say they are the pride of the nation! What a joke
The door was fitted last year. Within a 3 days it wouldn't shut.When I phoned about it I was told it was a bank holiday weekend and they couldn't get anyone out till the Tuesday (that was a friday) On the Sat we had to put a box at the door to keep it shut only my daughter and dog got out! I phoned again and was told the same thing.
The next week I got locked in the house. When I phoned again they couldn't help as it was the weekend. Eventually we got a joiner who would come out. No others would touch a two week old door!
Finally after a LOT of phone calls a manager came out. He said I needed a whole new re fit as the door had a 12 mm twist. He then phoned me 2 weeks latter saying they had my door but he had sent it back as it was not up to standard!
Finnaly my new door came, fitted and opened, shut and locked. All you want in a door.
Now a year latter I'm back to square one. Door doesn't shut or lock. Plus the frame is coming away from the outside wall. After 6 calls I'm stil waiting for a person to call back to arrange an inspector to come and see it.
The company is WEATHERSEAL The door cost £1370!!! you would expect the best for that money wouldn't you? I stopped the cheque and finally got it for £1000. For inconvieniance..theyre 10 year guarantee isn't worth a sook. Will keep you all updated.
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Funny you should mention this Jacquie. A couple of months ago we had new front and back doors fitted by another well-known company - the front door's fine, but the back door now has to be lifted in the frame before we can ram the handle up and lock it. The combined price for both doors was around £4000; needless to say we're none too chuffed.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Thats exactly how I have to lock the front door. Sometimes it doesn't work though.
Yet I had exactly the same door fitted by another unknown company the only diffrence is my back door is white PVC and the front one is red oak effect. The diffrence in the price? the back door was £900. Never had a days bother with it!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:05 PM
jacquie we had the same problem a few years ago with the same company
they fitted a new back door and it wouldn,t shut,then when it was shut it wouldn,t open
we had them out several times before it was resolved and a new one fitted
but when we came to sell the house the surveyor found they had put a hairline fracture thru the back wall when they had smashed the old one out

i would never reccomend them to anyone
hope you get this sorted soon
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I told them i was giving them to 5pm tonight to call back or I was going to trading standards and the paper. Still no call. What do you do???
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:25 PM
ring trading standards jacquie,i would
i told them i would take them to court for faulty goods and they soon sorted it out
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
I told them i was giving them to 5pm tonight to call back or I was going to trading standards and the paper. Still no call. What do you do???
Yep, as Jax says, ring trading standards, and if you do speak to the company, just drop the name "Watchdog" into the conversation - you'd be amazed at the power that programme has
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2005, 05:52 PM
your having a bad time with door arn't you!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 06:12 PM
So sorry to hear about this terrible trauma with your door Jackqui especially as you spent so much in the first place! Funnilly enough, we needed a new door to our bootroom out the back and I didn't believe my husband when he said they cost about £1300 fitted. BUT, lucky old me having such a clever d.i.y. of a husband went out and purchased this second hand door from a breakers yard and fitted it last saturday mornng at a cost of £75!! Can you believe that? It shuts perfectly and the lock works perfectly too, all I had to do was go and have 2 keys cut for £8! I am sorry you had to go to all the expense you did and if you lived nearer I would loan you my o/h to sort it out for you! Here's my new door it doesn't even look 2nd hand does it?
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I wish you lived nearer too!!!

Funnily enough I did contact Watchdog last year about them, I got an e mail back telling me they were on a break for the sumer. Wouldn't be back until August.
I'm going to the Tradeing standards tomorrow.

PS If I ever sell lucky white heather dont buy it cause it will probably be jinxed. LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >