View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Only just caught up with this my computer/router has been playing up.

Sorry to hear your news yet now one the last page glad your Mom is on her way home they are tougher than they look you know.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Fab news H!

Your Mum is made of tough stuff isn't she.

I'm so pleased for you all xx
She sure is Sal, she sure is xxxx

Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Only just caught up with this my computer/router has been playing up.

Sorry to hear your news yet now one the last page glad your Mom is on her way home they are tougher than they look you know.
Thanks Kazz, I'm quite gobsmacked at her great strength.

I just spoke to the nurse again to check that she's actually left coz she still hasn't arrived, and she said she fed mum lunchtime and says she's an absolute sweetheart!! She is of course, coz she's my mum, so I had to agree with her!!xxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Lorna (yes, that one has got it's work cut out hasn't it, they daren't send me another just yet!!!)

See, I toldya, she isn't back yet??!!! They will ring me on her arrival, and I'll nip up there with her sweet and sour with noodles, she'll love it!!!
Can I have some noodles please???

Actually I think my wife to be is making pasta

That angel will be there looking after you always and I hope your mum loved her noodles! xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
They've only just rung me, and put her to bed, so I'm now in my jim jams coz I thought she was lost in transit! She is complaining that her legs don't work and her right foot hurts, more than her arm apparently, and she said that last night after the op. I rubbed her legs coz she said they ached lots, and when I touched her right foot she hit the roof, so I'm now wondering whether they actually x-rayed that foot, it's the same ankle she broke a couple of years ago now, so maybe it's just deeply bruised, hope so anyway, and if it's broken again, then we'll just have to cross yet another bridge won't we! I will tell the manageress tomorrow morning when I go there and maybe she can get the doc over next week to check it out.

Thanks Lorna! Noodles are off now!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow she's amazing, it's barely been 24 hours since the op and she's back in the home. Here's hoping the foot is OK but as you say best have the Doc. check it out. I'm so pleased it has gone so well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks H, never thought about it like that, you're right again, only 24 hours since the op and they discharge her! They don't make them like her anymore do they H! xxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry H, just caught up, sooooo pleased mum is ok, what a woman eh?

Now we all know where you get it from

{{{HUGS}}} to you all xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks VV

I visited this morning, and she's in a sorry old state, she says everything hurts, but I suppose that aneasthetic is totally out of her system now 48 hours They've managed to get her as comfortable as they can in her recliner with pillows, but she's thoroughly miserable this morning and who can blame her She's complaining that she cannot stand because her ankle hurts, like it did the other night when I touched her foot, so I'm now wondering whether she has opened that break again from 2 years ago on the ankle and they missed it in hospital, just x-rayed her top half. I've informed everyone, so they will do what they have to do if it stays like it, hopefully, it's just deeply bruised, but you never know, she's not one to complain about something unless it really does hurt!

I won't be going there for a day or two, I need some me time with Dave and she's being well looked after in her care home, so I'll just leave them to it. Such a shame, but knowing her, I'm sure she'll begin to help herself again. I told her that if she doesn't, then it'll be a nursing home next,lying in a bed wasting away and she'll lose that lovely room, and I told her I've gotta give it to her straight, she understood, looked around the room and agreed, it was a lovely room and she was very happy there,so just have to see how she goes now, can't do anymore.

I took them a lovely freshly made strawberry and chocolate roulade (the staff) and mum had a bit too, and although I fed her, she did manage to have a go herself with her other arm, but even that looks pretty lifeless now Very sad
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Stuff the noodles, I will have the roulade

I hope that foot is ok H, sounds a bit iffy. I hope they xray it Monday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I thought that too Jen, so I made them cut a big slice off for me before I left it with them!!! Trouble is Jen, it means sending her back down to hospital doesn't it Would a doc know by manipulating it whether it's opened up that break or whether it's just bruised do you know?
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >