Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Video/Picture help, please.

Hello folks,

After a bit of techie help, please!

I have a DVD that a friend gave me. It contains three different videos and some pictures. When I put the DVD in to the laptop, I play it on something like Windows Media Player and it plays all in one, the pictures on a slideshow.

Now, what I want to know is how to go about storing these videos and pictures separately on to the computer? So as I am able to upload them on to YouTube etc.

Has it got something to do with 'ripping'? If so, which (free) ripping service do I use?

I have no idea what she has saved the video and pictures as and I have Vista.

Thanks for any help and advice anyone can offer.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2009, 10:41 AM
To actually get the files off the DVD and onto your pc it's just a simple as going to my computer right click the DVD drive and open it to view the files.
When you open the DVD you will propberly see 2 folders named AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS these contain the movie files you can either click on the folder and copy it to your hard drive or open the folder and copy the contents on to your harddrive.
(Note you can only do this as it has been made by a private party and has no copywrite info stored on the disk to stop you from copying the files)
It can be converted to avi/ mpeg for uploading to youtube as getting the actual pictures off to view by themselves willl take sometime to accomplish and it would involve watching the DVD and stopping it on the required image a taking a still of that picture.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks very much for this, Marie. Managed to get it sorted out at last.