View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
As we have a cat called Peggy Sue i wanted a male husky to call Buddy Holly.........But then Khera appeared......and i love her!
I quite like the name Luna. So ermmm if i ever get another husky..... (ahem OH take note)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 08:14 PM
What a good post Jen

Sal was always Sal even before she was here
Tess was Rio (but that changed when a relative named their daughter Rio )
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Pickles was Pickles when I got him! Didn't want to change it cos it suits him so much, always in a Pickle. Plus I'm also terrible at picking names like you Het!

Woody was Astro in his previous home Very bizarre and he never answered to it! Dad wanted to call him Buddy like in that film Single White Female (???), which I hated (name not film!). Woody sounds similar and he is obsessed with sticks and anything woody so it stuck!
lovestaffsblu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Patch was Patch as soon as my mum saw her (she was stolen about three weeks ago though ;( )
Lily was always Lily, the women who owned her mum called her that.
Blue was between Blue and Ben, again my mums choise.
Bell was always Bell to go with Blue (Blue Bell).
And Lady we chose befor we bought her.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Archie was never going to be anything else but Archie

Our Cavalier was called Ben (I chose it) but through the bizarre deterioration of his name through babytalk (dont ask - my mum's mental) he ended up being called Benpetete or Ben-Potato or just Potato!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Scrumpy: was scrumpy from day 1, no other name for him lol!
TJ : runner up Toby
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh no - we had lists and lists of dog names and I'm afraid Loki had three names in the first week we had him.

The week before we got him he was Kodi
Then the week we got him he was Soren and I had his name tag made up as that.
Then I preferred Kavik (after the wolf dog)
But OH preferred Loki and it kinda suited him.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Jasper was a rescue and altho he didn't actually have a name when we testing out his responses to letter and name sounds he would always look and his ears would go up when we called him Jas or Jasper

Tammy was called Flick but we kept calling her Tam (name of my old dog) by mistake and she started responding to it
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Spike was already called Spike when we had him, and being as he was used to his name and it suited him I never bothered changing it, Moki was called Moki by her breeders I liked it so kept it
Tyler we called Tyler after Steven Tyler from Areosmith as I like their music so much And Mollie was Already called Mollie as we had her from rescue

Although when we had our pedigree Bulldogs we chose their names, and they were always something stupid, our last Bulldog was called Dave....... and the one before him was Reggie so we called him Reg for short

Most Bulldogs I know are given old fashioned human names
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Whiz
Spike was already called Spike when we had him, and being as he was used to his name and it suited him I never bothered changing it, Moki was called Moki by her breeders I liked it so kept it
Tyler we called Tyler after Steven Tyler from Areosmith as I like their music so much And Mollie was Already called Mollie as we had her from rescue

Although when we had our pedigree Bulldogs we chose their names, and they were always something stupid, our last Bulldog was called Dave....... and the one before him was Reggie so we called him Reg for short

Most Bulldogs I know are given old fashioned human names
I love names like that. I always fancied getting a Rottweiler or Doberman and calling it Dave!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >