Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Elizabethan collar help - want neck brace version

Hi can anyone help please, i am looking for a v-large elizabethan collar neck brace.

It works like the plastic cone things you get from the vets but looks like a neck brace and stops the dog licking wounds etc.

I am sure last time i enquired somebody showed me a picture of there dog in a blue neck brace and said how good it was.

Jess has nearly opened her wound Again tonight, last time after her surgery in january her wound was stitched and stappled several times and although had a normal elizabethan collar she managed to keep getting at the wound.,

She is doing in again and i would like to get one of these collars urgently, when i looked last time nobody in vets or pet shops new what i was on about. Anybody know where i can get one urgently. thanks.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
If its a brace you want then they are Here
or there is This

shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by willowish View Post
If its a brace you want then they are Here
or there is This

Thanks so much, i've just done my own searching (thought last time i needed one i couldn't find it on the computer thats why i did this thread). I have come up with the same as you.

didn't like the look or the brace so i have just ordered that inflatable ring thing from another site, 10.99 for xl and only 1.50 delivery. Hopefully it will arrive quickly as i am a bit desperate. jess keeps getting out of her elizabethan and is damaging her scar tonight. She is having it re-bandaged tomorrow evening. Dogs eh!!
thanks for your help anyway.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Thanks so much, i've just done my own searching (thought last time i needed one i couldn't find it on the computer thats why i did this thread). I have come up with the same as you.

didn't like the look or the brace so i have just ordered that inflatable ring thing from another site, 10.99 for xl and only 1.50 delivery. Hopefully it will arrive quickly as i am a bit desperate. jess keeps getting out of her elizabethan and is damaging her scar tonight. She is having it re-bandaged tomorrow evening. Dogs eh!!
thanks for your help anyway.
were did you get that?
i think ben has formed a habit of licking and would like to stop it but i know he would figure out how to scratch himself with a hard coller (also he is v flexable and I will have to rig up some booties to stop him scratching
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
were did you get that?
i think ben has formed a habit of licking and would like to stop it but i know he would figure out how to scratch himself with a hard coller (also he is v flexable and I will have to rig up some booties to stop him scratching
This is the website http://www.caninenaturalcures.co.uk/

Never used them before but i emailed them saying it was very urgent. The telephoned me first thing saying i needed to pay an extra 75p as the delivery charge was wrong and that it was on its way to me lunch time today, which i thought was very good as i ordered it about 1am today! Still alot cheaper than the other sites and some where saying a week to dispatch which i couldn't wait for.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
cheers sounds good
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I have one for toby, and they work.He just bust's the plastic on the cone type...don't know how, but he does.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I have one for toby, and they work.He just bust's the plastic on the cone type...don't know how, but he does.
Jess can get out of hers elizabethan collar in 20 seconds flat.....little madam. She hates it. Had to have her leg re-bandaged today and she has so far left it alone. Hoping it doesn't slip down too much before the collar arrives otherwise she will be getting at the stitches again.

Is it the inflatable one you've got and is it not too awkward for them because jess will need to wear hers day and night for a bit...until her scar is sealed properly and i can be sure she will leave it alone this time.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2008, 11:18 AM
No tobys is plastic, it has foam on the inside and a hard plastic shell.
There is also a strap which goes under the chest to keep it in place.
We got ours from the vets, and upto know the only thing that does stop him. If anything he is better with it, cause he doesn't knock into everything trying to get it off, with it being a neck brace.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Similar to this, but his has a strap as well.
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...127&dept_id=26