Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Canine K9
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Are there any collar addicts on here?

Or is it just me? Bailey has 7 collars, but there are so many designs!
I spend too much time, looking at collars I think
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 07:50 PM
My doggies are big ones. My Nigredo doesn't even wear a collar most of the time, and my Jadey prefers red, but I buy whatever is on sale, admittedly. They each have two collars, and I have a spare that I lost somewhere but it'll turn up. I like to avoid black with Nigredo (because he's black) but end up putting it on him anyway
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Oh absolutely! Each of my pups has at least four individual collars then there's a few they share when I'm in a rush. The problem is that Callie needs a collar that's maybe 20 inches around.
Fortunately I've found some sites that specialize in cutesy collars for hard to fit doggies. I like him in purples and cheetah prints, silly makes him more approachable
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 08:47 AM
I love collars Emma!

Poppy is now almost 11 months and she has managed to break four collars because she's so strong.
You'd think that if a collar is big enough for a big(ish) dog that it would also be strong enough but this is not the case.

I've had one made for her now and it's seriously heavy duty. Still looks nice though.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 09:24 AM
I have lots of collars for my whippets including Christmas ones which they wear for the whole month of December !
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 09:43 AM
I must admit I'm not sure if I have any collar for my dog!
I think I have a reflective one somewhere and she sometimes wears a wet bandana in hot weather, and outside she wears a yellow dog bandana.
Otherwise she's always 'naked' and I only walk her on a harness.
Oh, I made a fleece collar once so that's somewhere in her box but I think it looks weird on her because I'm so used to her not having a collar on lol
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Rocky only had a few collars, I just bought good quality ones to begin with which lasted a lifetime

I know Tina on Breedia is a collar addict too! Here's one of her recent threads Dog collars
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Rocky only had a few collars, I just bought good quality ones to begin with which lasted a lifetime
My last shepherd cross had one collar that lasted her fourteen years. Bought the same one for Poppy and it lasted five weeks!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Fourlegz View Post
My last shepherd cross had one collar that lasted her fourteen years. Bought the same one for Poppy and it lasted five weeks!
Wonder if they changed their manufacturing process... or whether you just have a very naughty dog
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Wonder if they changed their manufacturing process... or whether you just have a very naughty dog
I blame Poppy every time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >