Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-06-2011, 07:02 AM

Kids!

My Wife and friend walked the dogs round to the local shop yesterday, my Wife went in the shop whilst her friend waited outside with ours and her dog.
A young kid (7 or 8 Years old) ran past shouting loudly and made our dog jump.
The kid spotted this and thought it would be a good idea to sneek round behind the brick wall next to the dogs and leap out shouting "boo" right into our dogs face.

She's extremely good around people and kids, but is still nervous in general as she's a rescue that we haven't had long.
Needless to say, it frightened the life out of her and she barked.

My Wife saw this as she came out of the shop and angrily told the young kid he could be bitten behaving like that.

"F*ck you" was the response, "I'll 'ave you sued if your dog touches me."

I despair...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:07 AM
I share your despair we have alot around here like that too, seems lack of respect towards humans and animals here

I just say.....yea sue me......then I'll sue your parents for allowing you to be so cheeky
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Kids! I do despair of a lot of kids nowadays. Sad state of the place now.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Murv View Post
"F*ck you" was the response, "I'll 'ave you sued if your dog touches me."
Charming, and just think - one day this delightful individual may well produce several of it's own equally delightful offspring................

Hope that your poor girl has got over her fright now.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:05 AM
If it had been me, I would have moved the dog away from this situation (walk her away from the shop or similar)
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Some children are just not shown manners! You can only blame her parents!
Thankfully not all kids are like it!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Some children are just not shown manners! You can only blame her parents!
Thankfully not all kids are like it!

aint that the truth.

I was at Sittingbourne station the other day, and there were two little boys (6/7) calling each other c***s, t***s and w*****s. The mothers didnt rebuke them or anything. Shocking..I didnt even know those words existed at that age (nor dare use them. at the ripe old age of 28, my dad still tells be off for saying fart!)
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:37 AM
when i get this problem i walk up to the kids before getting my dog, i do this casually, so they don't know i'm the dog owner and bark like a rottweiler in their faces... then, when they've stopped pissing their pants i say 'yeah, it's not very nice is it'...
this works every time for me, for one, they get a shock, and secondly, they think you're mad and don't come near you again... result!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
aint that the truth.

I was at Sittingbourne station the other day, and there were two little boys (6/7) calling each other c***s, t***s and w*****s. The mothers didnt rebuke them or anything. Shocking..I didnt even know those words existed at that age (nor dare use them. at the ripe old age of 28, my dad still tells be off for saying fart!)
One of the problems we have around here is that parents of a certain ilk think it's hilariously cute when a 4 year old tells them to "eff off" and they all collapse in a fit of giggles. Then fast forward a few years to a 11 year old telling them it, with the 11 year old being the same height as them... and suddenly they're into school begging for help because "he won't do anything I say and just gets mardy and tells me to eff off."

Add in the fact that kids know from the get-go that they've got rights and sooner or later they click on that they can threaten you with their rights - so you get the "you tell me off and I'll say you touched me and they'll believe me" or the "your dog bites me and I'll sue" stuff creeping in - hence the reason I don't let kids approach my dog at all cos I'm not taking the risk of getting a bad apple anywhere near him and putting him at risk - cos who's going to take my (and his - but his would be "woof") word against a kid and indignant mother? No one.
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I hope she recovers quickly & doesn't develop a fear of kids, or agressive tendansis.
A couple of weeks ago a young lad (again 7 or 8yrs old) saw my dog shaking (the lad was throwing 'snap caps' down) so he walked up to my dog & threw one at him!
The kid knelt down on the kirb to do this, so I just pushed the kid with my foot & made him fall over. His mum was nearby & saw this, I shouted in the kids face that it'd serve him right if the dog bit him. I'm glad the mum heard & saw me, if I catch him doing it again (to mine or anyones dog) I'll give the mum a gob full too!

* snap caps are little packets of gun powder about a centimetre in size that go bang when thrown on the ground. A bit like a large 'cap' or tiny fire work.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >