Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
If you squeak you are inducing the puppy to bite more. The way this is dealt with by other dogs is to get up, give a low grump & move away.
You're the first person I've heard say this yet it's EXACTLY what we found with our oldest (beagle).

She was a terrible biter yet if we followed the popular advice to squeal she'd go in for the kill!!! Seriously, it was as if the squeal made her think we were prey!!! Even now, if you stub your toe or something and squeal in pain she gets SO excited. Doesn't bite now, but jumps all over you wagging her tail with delight and 'kissing' your face.

Leaving the room or turning our backs is what cured ours. Although it wasn't easy to do - how do you leave the room when a little bundle of fur has a teeth firmly embedded in your flesh We just had to grit our teeth and pretend to ignore her. She was cured VERY quickly when we got the hang of it.
Fi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by scarter View Post
You're the first person I've heard say this yet it's EXACTLY what we found with our oldest (beagle).

She was a terrible biter yet if we followed the popular advice to squeal she'd go in for the kill!!! Seriously, it was as if the squeal made her think we were prey!!! Even now, if you stub your toe or something and squeal in pain she gets SO excited. Doesn't bite now, but jumps all over you wagging her tail with delight and 'kissing' your face.

Leaving the room or turning our backs is what cured ours. Although it wasn't easy to do - how do you leave the room when a little bundle of fur has a teeth firmly embedded in your flesh We just had to grit our teeth and pretend to ignore her. She was cured VERY quickly when we got the hang of it.
The way I heard it described was that you become the BEST squeaky toy ever! That always made me laugh.

I do believe it you stop the game straight after the squeak it works better though...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2