Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Anyone else an eternal puppy Auntie?

I've been thinking about it recently, I LOVE puppies, I love how cute they are and their sweet little faces. I like puppy cuddles as much as the next person, and hopefully one day in the future, I will have one....but for now, as happy as I am to coo over them and think they're adorable, I'm also happy to hand them back!
Anyone else like this? I really like having an adult dog, able to hold himself over night, happy to be left a while and doesn't chew. Also, I can walk him as far as he wants.
I can clearly understand the appeal of having a puppy around, but right now I know it's not for me...anyone with me?
Who else loves puppies, but doesn't want one right now?

p.s. Just to be clear, I have nothing against puppies and don't mean this in a bad way towards puppies or anyone who has them...just starting a discussion of fellow Aunties/Uncles
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
ME

A couple of friends of mine have recently got puppies a cairn and a chiuaha x they're so cute and smell all puppyish

Ones 12 weeks the other 10 weeks so they're going thro that silly walk/prancy stage everythings a toy

But phew they're hard work, i think you forget when you've had adult dogs for a while just how much time/attention they take up. My friends are constantly either mopping up, removing things from their mouths or looking for them, it makes me dizzy and knackered just watching them

But oooooooh you just can't beat puppy kisses xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:21 PM
oooh no i love puppies and would have them round all the time!

i did get a bit of a shock when i brought asbo home as i got so used to daph being a well behaved adult dog, but i loved the puppy adventures, and now asbo has grown into a respectable (just about!) young man, i miss my norty puppy im always destined to have lots of dogs though so dont mind puppies. i even said when i was 8 to my grandma, i was never having children, never getting married, just having a house full of dogs i reckon thats the only thing i said when i was little that will end up true
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Puppies aren't for me.Every pup I've ever had I've been counting the minutes until it grows up.Sure they're cute but...
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:12 PM
My sister would Love to have a puppy and/or dog but she is more than happy to "borrow" mine as needed!!!

She enjoys them and loves their antics and the fact she doesnt have to pay a penny for their keep either :
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I've been thinking about it recently, I LOVE puppies, I love how cute they are and their sweet little faces. I like puppy cuddles as much as the next person, and hopefully one day in the future, I will have one....but for now, as happy as I am to coo over them and think they're adorable, I'm also happy to hand them back!
Anyone else like this? I really like having an adult dog, able to hold himself over night, happy to be left a while and doesn't chew. Also, I can walk him as far as he wants.
I can clearly understand the appeal of having a puppy around, but right now I know it's not for me...anyone with me?
Who else loves puppies, but doesn't want one right now?

p.s. Just to be clear, I have nothing against puppies and don't mean this in a bad way towards puppies or anyone who has them...just starting a discussion of fellow Aunties/Uncles
I'm with you

I love puppies and would love to bring up a dog from a puppy one day but right now its not for me. We specifically wanted a slightly older dog when looking for a rescue and i'm glad we did apart from a few issues Ted has fitted in perfectly I also think i've learnt a lot from Ted that i would be able to put into a puppy when the time is right that as a first time dog owner i may have missed.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Never had a pup

I don't think I could whilst there are adult dogs needing new homes personally. I also work part-time and I think pups need someone who is at home most of the day to tend them when they are young.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I am probably the opposite, I love having an oldie I really do and hope to adopt another in the not too distant future, but...
I love puppies, I love the smell, the nortiness, watching them grow into their huge feet and gangly legs. Nuturing a little pup and seeing them become an adult is brilliant....

Oh I want a puppy now!!!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Glad I'm not the only one! It is lovely getting the cuddles though isn't it? Maybe I'll get a puppy when I've had kids and they're in school....hurmm....
Really glad it wasn't just me who thought like this!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
It's Louie's birthday in a couple of weeks and he'll be one. His sheer size makes me forget he is still a baby but he'll always be my puppy, as will Sadie (and she's 9!)

We have 5 puppy neighbours, the rescues, and I would love to rehome one, but I'm still learning things and Louie is keeping me on my toes, for the moment I'm happy just looking after them a couple of days a week and giving them back.

A puppy may join us next year though however an adult dog could be much closer - we haven't decided fully yet..

But yes - puppies = cute and puppy breath - OMG it should be bottled!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >