View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Totally agree with all that has been said and I wanted to send you my love too. You loved that precious boy so much and your time together was so cruelly cut short. If you didn't have any 'wobbles' it would be odd! My Lurcher slowly lost the use of his back legs and in the end I had to make that decision. The final day he rallied and walked up the garden (wobbly, but walking) and it tore me apart to know I would be saying goodbye within a couple of hours. But looking back I know I did the right thing for him. 3 years have passed since he crossed the bridge and that time has enabled me to see through the tears and know I helped my boy in the greatest way possible. Massive hugs to you Lynn xxxxxxxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I have agonised over every dog I have had pts. I hate myself for not being able to see what was happening with George until I was away from it for a few hours. I also know that some dogs I have had could have struggled on for a little longer, but who for?

I believe in life after death and I believe that if their souls choose to wait for me they will, but I also believe that they have the choice to move on and not wait. A choice they didn't have here.

George may well not be there waiting for me but she found Etta to fill the gap.

Every death is a raw place inside you which is gradually buried but comes to the surface occassionally.

For what it is worth I think that you did exactly the right thing and at the right time for you and for him and I am sure he is grateful.

Take care

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Thank you Pilgrim, LP and Rune.

We all know how each other feels and that is so good to know there are others who feel the same it certainly eases the pain and the feelings of guilt.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Can only add to the hugs given.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 03:55 PM
You did everything for Ollie out of love and with the utmost sensitivity and respect, thinking of you x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3