View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Harvey, I am so, so sorry to hear about your darling Baruska, I know how incredibly special she was to you both, and of course to Rianna.

Please take comfort from the fact that you gave Baruska a second chance at life and she had a wonderful, wonderful home with you, a home where she was much loved and wanted for nothing.

I really am so sorry Harvey. Sending my love to you all and from Dave as well and of course Max.

Sweet dreams beautiful Baruska, you will be much missed.xxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 10:51 AM
So sorry.

Run free beautiful Baruska xx
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry
I hope you are all doing as OK as you can be...

Sleep sweetly, beautiful girl x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Harvey.
Sleep tight Bara x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I will post a longer thread in the 'Gone but not forgotten' this evening.

She had been having problems for three days walking and yesterday she went missing for several hours, we looked everywhere and I was outside the fence down in the creek thinking she may have got stuck down there.

She suddently appeared late afternoon (About 5pm) and was crying a bit although she could walk, OH phoned the vet about 7pm as she was still in some pain and didn't eat her dinner, but there was no one who could come out to us (We are a long way from town)

She was sleepiing at the bottom of the steps at the back of the house until about 10pm when she moved away from the house and found some shingle we had piled up near the workshop.

I went to bed at midnight (OH was already asleep) and couldn't sleep, about 1am I heard her still crying and trying to bark (but couldn't quite make it sound like a bark!) so I went out to her, it was starting to rain by then, so I got some blankets from the workshop and covered her and stroked her and calmed her down. Moving her was out of the question.

It was nearly 2am when I left her and she was quiet and breathing normally. This morning at 6am Rianna came and nudged me in bed, I thought she wanted to go out but she stayed indoors. I went out to check on Bara and she had passed away sometime between 2am and 6am.

OH will phone the vet this morning but I think we will bury her in a grave under the Linden tree in the meadow. That will be my task for today and I'm not looking forward to it

So sorry to read this Losos - I lost my beloved Hal a few years ago, and I dug the grave under the hawthorn tree in our back garden so that he could look out over the fields where he had run, played and misbehaved so happily! It was extremely cathartic - it took me all day because of the roots of the hawthorn tree and not wanting to damage them, and the physical exertion was a great relief. Is is so comforting even now to know he is lying there and I still am very apologetic when I have to step on the grave to prune the roses and weed the area.

Big hugs for your tragic loss
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Harvey I am so saddened to be reading this thread about your gorgeous girl Bara . My love and prayers go out to you and your OH at this very sad time.

Run free sweet girl.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank you all, your comments are much appreciated, Alena has been crying all day.

Baruska had breathing problems, heart problems, digestive problems, and nervous problems but the vet thinks that in the end it was a spinal injury that caused her death. If only we knew where she was for those three hours yesterday afternoon.

It's been a c**p day here, really foul weather and digging her grave was something I can't even describe. In the end I decided to bury her near to where she died because I want to have a plaque made which can go on the wall behind her grave, the area has some tidying up required so I won't post a photo until it is all done and the plaque is on the wall.

It has been a shock that this has happened so quickly but once again I thank all of you for your kind words.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Harvey I am so sorry . On reading this post my first though was of the photographs of Baruska sleeping in the snow and that she had died as she had lived, in her own way on her own terms .....

Remember the good times you have enjoyed in her company. Baruska another of the Dogsey oldies who bought so much pleasure to her owner and those who read about her on our pages...
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2013, 03:52 PM
So sorry for your loss x
IloveBlenheims
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2013, 04:04 PM
So terribly sorry to read about your loss. You are in my thoughts at this very sad time.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »