Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Vacation to Norway- a little nervous

I'm going White water kayaking and climbing in Norway soonish and Im taking the boys, eek alot of slippery rocks, rapids and waterfalls. I'm not sure how much il take the boys while I'm kyaking my friend will be at the camp and she can handle the dogs pretty well. I'm sure they will enjoy some swimming and all the hiking, but I'm a little nervous taking the boys on there first trip. On a plus side I finally get to take them on a boat an get them used to it. anyone had experience with dogs on boats? I'm confident they will be fine but any tips would be good
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh gosh! That sounds amazing! No advice I'm afraid, Kia has never been on a boat! But she does get Diazepam for our 5 hour train journeys to visit my parents in Edinburgh...

Have fun though! I'm sure your dogs will love the hiking! It'll make their walks at home look soooo boring

Sarah xoxox
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 05:35 PM
The best tip is ENJOY. And take a camera. And lots of water for the dogs. We also bring her brush because she gets all sorts of things tangled in her fur and since she gets wet a lot, she could end up a matted mess.

We hike a lot with Dahlia and she just loves it, slippery rocks and all. Your dogs are going to think they've gone to Heaven!
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Haha I hope I enjoy it as much as they do, I bought them dog life jackets but I doubt il use them much, the boys hve swum ALOT in my pool at home and a little in the Thames. I took some towels with us to the river I made a big mistake and took White towels, Serious mess afterwards :P
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Wow it sounds fantastic - I know my dog (half Belgian shepherd) would absolutely love it, but as we live by the sea he is a confirmed Seadog and a very strong swimmer.

I hope you will have some photos to show us when you get back!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Have a fabulous trip - it sounds ace! I look forward to seeing the pics of the boys having a ball.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Doggy lifejackets?

Sounds amazing, take me too? Lol
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Haha yeh doggy lifejackets :P I went on a huge shopping spree for everything doggy
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Don`t forget to check your Pet Passports and find a registered vet to do the return tick & worm requirement.
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a fab holiday and the dogs will love it.
Just a word of caution tho, please keep them away from the white water!!
We went to watch some rafting in Wales many, many years ago, our very well behaved gsd was off lead with us, he slipped on a rock and fell in to the fast flowing water and was swept quickly downstream, if it wasnt for the the damn fast reactions of a family friend who jumped in knee deep and practially hauled him out by his fur, we dread to think what would have happened to him!! The friend is not a keen doggy person but just reacted!

They may be strong swimmers but woudlnt stand a chance against the rocks or if they got caught in a stopper.

Sounds like you will have an amazing time, and what lucky dogs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >