View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 11:17 AM
I would rather you be able to use all 4 limbs
Best make a move like you say, hangiong on a bit so I can give the girls a bone each before I go, and its far too early yet
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Lol, yes...all 4 limbs is a bonus, right...best go and do my hair and have a wash ready for the vampires!!
safe trip on the bone run
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Morning all who have followed.
Very very cold here keeps darkening over and we had a few spots of rain but dry again now. Ooops no raining again.
Had a text from Gill they are very pleased with her everything stable and she doesn't have to go now for another two months. One less worry. What a fighter she is.
griff hope the arm continues to improve and that blood tests go well, that mum and dad have a safe journey and all goes well tomorrow and that dad doesn't moan about the heating and get a slap.
June hope you get some decent bones and that the weather improves for the drive.
Sue your stew and dumplings sound lovely and just the thing to come home to on a day like today and a busy one.
Nippy Jen hope the rain stops.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Went out to give girls their bones and its raining Left car ticking over to warm up, off now
Well done to Gill, its a bit of a relief that they feel she doesn't have to go for 2 months, quite positive in fact
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes it is June isn't it.
Filter cleaned we have an influx of snails from some of the plants we bought they get in the filter and make it rattle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Lynn, that is absolutely terrific new about Gill!!!! really really great, tell her to keep doing what she's doing
TW, hope you have had a safe and dryish run to the bone place
got to the blood place and sat down, there were 2 ladies next to me, one got up and left and gave the other lady her ticket who then gave me hers so i got seen quicker...i couldn't pass mine on so i popped it back in the machine, saw a different lady and she commented on the massive bruise on my arm, she asked was it there i got it done so i said yes and described the girl...she asked did she want me to try the same arm but a different place so i said yes and pointed to where they normally go...it is a bit scarred but still works, straight in, didn't hurt and no hint of a bruise, i won't let them use my other arm after a&e damaged the vein and i need to keep an arm for if they really struggle getting a vein when i go back on the drips. Got home, checked to see if the bin men have been..yes, my scratty neighbours have put 2 bags of rubbish out which havent been collected... i had to go through the bag and the stupid cow has left her name and business address on a load of correspondence...not sure if i should report them for fly tipping, i should really as they just leave rubbish everywhere and make the place look a state
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Hopefully now you've described the nurse that left the bruise she will be shown how to do it properly and kept under observation till she can, Griff.If she's left 2 bags of rubbish and not even tried to get rid of them by putting them in a bin, then yes I'd report her, I gave up expecting the bulder people to do the proper thing with the skip, and I kept on at the council till it was moved, because you can bet your bottom dollar the minute you blink wrongly they'll be on you. I have never been the type that reports things but people are so blatant now and take advantage all the time I have started to have a go back.
Rained all the way there and back. Came home, bagged it all, they've got lamb ribs for tea tonight. I have yet again cleared an horrendous mess up, 3 swing bin liners of sopping shavings, bearing in mind I took 2 out this morning.
So much for the dry, cold weather
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2016, 03:44 PM
So pleased Gill received good news Lynn and 2 months between visits is great news.

Good you got a considerate nurse this time Griff, hope she reports the other one for not doing it properly. I know some people bruise easily but you have had enough done now to know when it is wrong. Stupid neighbours they deserve to have the identity taken!

Well done Lynn on cleaning the filter so all quiet now

Nippy you should never shout you have sun as it will always rain which it is trying to do here after some lovely sun for most of the day. Oh boy though is it cold have held off putting the heating on but have done so now.

Hope the bone run went well June
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Hello everyone - I'm still here - just! lol !
Have been spending the majority of my time either in hot baths or bed, my GP who I know well, called to see me Sunday morning and pronounced that I was just plain worked out! Gave me an awful ticking off too! Nowhere like the rollocking I got off the Mem when he left, her Ladyship was not at all impressed with me and has threatened to shoot me if I so much as pick up a shovel or sledge hammer again. She was very upset, she's tough as old boots, but there were several tears in between the swear words.
Doc says I've been doing the sort of hours and jobs that would knock up a man one third my age and if I don't take it easy, I'll just stop.
So there we have it, one contrite LG on light duties (two aspirin and excused boots) and some interviews later in the week to take on yet another member of staff.
Have been out with the dogs today (only for an hour) and just round in a big circle. Now back home and safely ensconced in front of the fire, from where I have no intention of moving until bed time. Have been told to act my age and so will endeavour to do just that - won't be easy but I'll give it a good go - as it seems very preferable to the alternative! lol !
Life - I see continues even without me - Bones to be brought - Blood to be given - neighbours and their dogs misbehaving (see I have been keeping up). Also I must say "thank you" to everyone for your good wishes whilst I was incapacitated. Have no idea why, but I just kept sleeping (almost the clock round). Now, however, I feel much brighter.
Take care all - I will pop back on later, bye fer now. G. X
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Glad the blood test was better today griff and stupid neighbours leaving their identity for all and sundry to take.
Glad the bone run went well June pain about all the soppy shavings though.
Hope the stew was nice sue. Sure it was.

I have had the log burner going for a few hours today its been cold but the dry weather soon turned to wet weather.
Forgot to mention this morning on my walk with Dillon I heard a Woodpecker.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »