Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Me too Hevvur, Helena said that hers was only a fiver from wilkinsons. You can see her dogs using it in the pics she posted.

Which we could have one like crazycockers though, how nice and refreshing does that look!
Yeah, I want a big one like that now, then we can all get in it!! What a great time we'd have in one of those!

Get a paddling pool Tuti that'll cool little Archie down, poor boy, mine are hot too with their really thick coats, but there's not much we can do about I'm afraid - I hate this really hot weather
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Ohh, we do have Netto stores!!
I have to search now! I need one!!
Great. Hope you find one. They are fun
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Just had a look, there is no netto near to me! Nearest is Manchester/Liverpool I think!!
waaa!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Just thought of another thing I did last night with mine as it was so hot! You know those ice gel bags for muscle injuries you keep in the freezer? Well, I put that (in the cloth bag of course) between their back legs ( inside their legs) and I think that cooled them down a treat!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Just had a look, there is no netto near to me! Nearest is Manchester/Liverpool I think!!
waaa!
Have pm“ed you
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 05:35 PM
waaa!
Have you got a Lidl, they do kiddies pools too
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Inside we have a cooler bed and fans to keep them cool and outside I hose them down or carry a water spray
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I made some frozen loliies yesterday and ebony just loves them, munched on one this am and one this pm.

mandie
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I might and probably be wrong here but I would have thought hosing and using cooling packs would make them hot, I usually use fans to keep Blackie cool, as he doesn't like ice cubes etc and detestes the hose.

Ian
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

20-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Love the flower water jet pic Theres a netto not far from my mums so will have a look while I`m there ocs I want one too
To avoid the heat my lot are out as soon as its light then inside thru till late afternoon, they`re not allowed to do anything to strenuous. You`d be surprised but if you keep the curtains closed it stops a lot of heat coming in the house. I also keep the windows closed if the wind is hot & open those that aren`t in the sun, I leave them open during the night so the cool air comes in. If you have those hard plastic beds they are good to fill up with water for dogs to have a paddle. Ice packs under their beds are good as well Lots of bones/kongs to chew at will keep them occupied & get them tired out but mostly its first light then latish evening to go out.
I suppose my lot are used to the heat so get lazy & want to sleep!!!
Christine.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >