Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 10:40 AM

Gave me a fright!

I was driving back from town this morning, and had to do an emergency stop - a man was walking a little spaniel (young King Charles I think) and it was bouncing around on the lead, how cute I thought.

The lead was so long the dog bounced right into the road! If I hadn't stopped I would have hit it. I glared at the man who immediately got hold of more lead. I considered parking up and having a word but I am not a confrontational person, and also by the look of fright on the mans face I think he has learnt a lesson.

Not long ago a friend of a friend sadly hit a dog which was being walked on an extending lead.

I am not usually suspicious, but am now thinking todays date may explain this particular journey. First I had to drive past as church and there was a bit of congestion there as there was a rather large funeral party, luckily everyone was aware and was taking care manouvering past. Not far up the road I had to stop rather quickly as there was an old man reversing his car in the road to get into a space - was far to far out in the road and wasn't really paying attention, good job I was.
Then I turn into another road and the bouncing dog incident happened.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
ooh no! i have to drive home at 6pm!!!!

6/6/06 at 6!!!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
ooh no! i have to drive home at 6pm!!!!

6/6/06 at 6!!!
Hey if you put in correct form that 's 18.00 hrs drive on 06/06/2006 doesn't look quite so bad, besides when we visited Toronto 3 yrs ago they gave us room 666 and all was fine. Today it is exactly 2 years since we had our daughter Christened. :
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Blimey,think i would have had a fright too
I really don't like those leads on dogs by main roads,don't mind them on open space such as fields,lets hope he has learnt a lesson.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I am astounded at how many people use them unlocked so the dog has the full length of the lead, and these are dogs that will use the full length so are at such a risk.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
That must have been scary Lucky you managed to stop in time. Hopefully the man has learnt his lesson.
I see people here all the time with little dogs bouncing about on the end of extending leads. I'm always terrified they will go onto the road, I don't know how the owners can stand it
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2006, 06:47 PM
my day was exactly what i would expect on friday the 13th or 6.6.06
my bf and me were driving home and there were some roadworks on the highway. eventough it was nearly midnight, workers left signals on the road and one sleepy truckdriver hit ALL of them and they were all over the road it was dark, it was raining and there was no way we could get pas it so we hit one of them and tear break-fluid pipe David didnt noticed it right away so we were doing 130km/h without brakes
luckily there was some pressure left so within 300 meters we were able to stop without hitting anything...
sooo.... i dont have a car now but i can be lucky that david and i are ok