Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

08-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
O Lord!! Frowned upon!! Why?? Grrr this sort of nonsense with pedigrees is the main reason I stay well away from the show/pedigree world in general.

Vive la difference I always say!
No idea why seems daft to me.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hatchi is gorgeous. His ears let me know he likely is a Rottie/Inuit because if it was GSD, they probably not be standing at that angle and might not even be fully erect at his age (looks rather young).

I also see white, and white is not supposed to be on GSD OR Rotties. See those huge, very tight feet (with the black right at the tips of the toes) and his chest markings? That is Rottie, through and through... no doubt in my mind about it at all.
He looks like a full GSD to me! All my GSD pups have had erect ears by 3 months old although teething can affect this and two of my females have had white tips to their toes and a splodge of white on their chest.

I guess if you were interested you could get your pup DNA'd to find out what breeds are in his background.
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Those breed ID dna tests are rubbish. Wouldn't waste the money.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Why do you say that, have you any experience and how much are they?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Those tests do tend to be very inaccurate. Studies have been done on pure bred dogs and dogs of definite backgrounds to try and see how accurate the tests are and the tests have sprung up all kinds of randomness.

I have heard that the Wisdom Panel test is the most accurate, but it's still probably just garbage. They would probably tell me that my Lab mix is some kind of Bulldog!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
He looks like a full GSD to me! All my GSD pups have had erect ears by 3 months old although teething can affect this and two of my females have had white tips to their toes and a splodge of white on their chest.

I guess if you were interested you could get your pup DNA'd to find out what breeds are in his background.
Absolutely not a pure bred GSD. I can't see how you see that? Take a look at his tail and that automatically lets me know that is no pure bred GSD.

Look at his chest and leg markings. Not GSD at all... but Rottie. His ears sit too high to be GSD ears IMO. He's also got a lot of white on his hindquarters.

He's a great looking little guy, but he's certainly not a pure bred GSD, and I personally don't see the GSD at all. He looks like what she said he is... a Rottie/Inuit mix.
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Why do you say that, have you any experience and how much are they?
What Mjfromga said.
They've only recently created a test that can show if a dog has wolf content in a couple of generations. Never mind accurately guessing individual breeds.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Deltaforce Dog View Post
What Mjfromga said.
They've only recently created a test that can show if a dog has wolf content in a couple of generations. Never mind accurately guessing individual breeds.
You've insanely reminded me of something from the Onion I was sent a couple of days ago.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/stu...-wolves,34898/
Titled THIS DESCENDED FROM WOLVES

twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Are we talking about the same dog? The dog with erect ears posted by spitzlover looks like a GSD to me - I can't see any other photos.
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
You've insanely reminded me of something from the Onion I was sent a couple of days ago.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/stu...-wolves,34898/
Titled THIS DESCENDED FROM WOLVES

we need a like button on here.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >