Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hiker
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Jeez! Personally that is not a cross that I would ever think of doing ... would imagine the offspring would look lovely, but temperament-wise imho I would be worried.
I don't understand, why would there be problems with temperament?
My dog who is this mix and goes to a Daycare 1-2 times a week when I'm at work. They have a 3 day assessment there, to make sure new dogs will mix well with the others.
The owners have told me recently that they use my dog as a benchmark, if a new dog doesn't get on with him, chances are they won't make it in.
Doesn't sound like a dog with a bad temperament to me.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
I don't understand, why would there be problems with temperament?
My dog who is this mix and goes to a Daycare 1-2 times a week when I'm at work. They have a 3 day assessment there, to make sure new dogs will mix well with the others.
The owners have told me recently that they use my dog as a benchmark, if a new dog doesn't get on with him, chances are they won't make it in.
Doesn't sound like a dog with a bad temperament to me.
Northern inuits are not easy dogs. They are extremely intelligent, with the northern breed temperament inherited from their husky and mal ancestry. I personally would never mix this level of intelligence, independence, stubborness, high prey drive, propensity to be escape artists with the guarding instincts of a rottweiler.

It is only my opinion, and I don't criticise any cross lightly because I personally would never have a pedigree dog, much preferring cross breeds. I have 15 years experience with living with northern breed mixes, and I just personally would not be happy to deliberately mate a rottweiler with a northern inuit.
spitzlover
New Member!
Male 

01-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Here is Hatchi i hope you can see him. Hes the lovely lad who is said to be inuit x rotty.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Hatchi is gorgeous [they both are ] but I cannot see any Rotty in him at all., not that I am an expert! I just see a lovely dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Hatchi is gorgeous [they both are ] but I cannot see any Rotty in him at all., not that I am an expert! I just see a lovely dog.
Me too ... he is gorgeous!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Beautiful
Aww the pics of the two of them
spitzlover
New Member!
Male 

04-01-2014, 10:54 AM
thanks all for your kind thoughts . hatchi is changing colour at the moment he is getting white and grey patches appearing . his chest now has a very noticeable white flash ,his tan markings are getting lighter.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Hatchi is gorgeous. His ears let me know he likely is a Rottie/Inuit because if it was GSD, they probably not be standing at that angle and might not even be fully erect at his age (looks rather young).

I also see white, and white is not supposed to be on GSD OR Rotties. See those huge, very tight feet (with the black right at the tips of the toes) and his chest markings? That is Rottie, through and through... no doubt in my mind about it at all.
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

08-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Gorgeous puppy.
You can get white patches on rotties they're just frowned upon.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Deltaforce Dog View Post
Gorgeous puppy.
You can get white patches on rotties they're just frowned upon.
O Lord!! Frowned upon!! Why?? Grrr this sort of nonsense with pedigrees is the main reason I stay well away from the show/pedigree world in general.

Vive la difference I always say!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >