Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 10:16 AM

Daily Thread,Tuesday, 9th March, 2021

Good morning all, Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well.

Kelly, hope Dakota is settled ok.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Greetings to you Moyra and all who follow
Sun is out and it's looking like quite a nice day, hoping I can get out in the garden a bit this afternoon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Hi all just back from the vets.. I am just copying and pasting from WhatsApp to save me time
O.k, so Dakota has seen Conor, her blood is much better...which is good, she is being referred to the willows for her limp...I have to video it because when she is full of adrenaline it isn't happening🙄🙄he said they would most likely try to do the surgery same day and it could be spinal surgery or they could inject something that will block the nerve to stop the pain.... just depends on the scan and the surgeons decision
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi all just back from the vets.. I am just copying and pasting from WhatsApp to save me time
O.k, so Dakota has seen Conor, her blood is much better...which is good, she is being referred to the willows for her limp...I have to video it because when she is full of adrenaline it isn't happening🙄🙄he said they would most likely try to do the surgery same day and it could be spinal surgery or they could inject something that will block the nerve to stop the pain.... just depends on the scan and the surgeons decision
Sounds quite a lot of positives in that
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 02:24 PM
If the block is a temporary fix then I will be telling them to do the surgery as I can't be putting her through this again....or us and the other pooch
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon

Such a dilemma for you Kelly but I know you will do the best for Kota. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Hi Harvey yes get into the garden if you can ass the weather is forecast to be dire for the next two days

Been quite busy today. Teazle walked, two beds changed and bedding washed, dried, ironed and put away. Just got back in from the garden putting down lawn fertiliser mixed with grass seed so will see what happens in a few days after the rain we are forecast for tomorrow. Have organised it so that there is a patch for Teazle to use until she can get full use of the lawn again.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
If the block is a temporary fix then I will be telling them to do the surgery as I can't be putting her through this again....or us and the other pooch
Could the block be a temp measure to see if the operation will work? like a first step
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2021, 06:06 PM
No, it's the easier option Kazz.....she has stuff pushing on her spinal cord so a nerve block won't fix that, just they leg symptoms, she is only 7, incredibly active and I would hate for her to end up in the situation of emergency surgery when I am not here, no transport, or I am on my own.... it's a much better option to have surgery planned, I am already having to put my own treatment on hold and I literally can't go anywhere incase the situation worsens