Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 10:26 PM

dogs and house size

do you think you need a big house to have more than 2 dogs. does anyone have lots of dogs in an average size house?
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I think it depends on the breed. My neighbor has 4, one is a BC GSD Lab cross, the others are tiny terriers and a Lhasa Apso. In this house I wouldn't really have any more than 2 average size dogs (Lab/NI/SH etc)
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Once knew someone who had three GSDs in a 22 foot caravan and managed with no problem at all, dogs are very adaptable.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 10:41 PM
we used to live in a 4 bed detatched - which was massive - and could house tons more doglets..!! 3 were lost in there

now we are a3 bed semi which is better imo and 4 tops really - med sized dogs - just not to fall over them
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Depends on the clutter I always think! My Mother is a serious horder, so even in a 3 bed Bungalow space is tight full stop!

We've had 3 dogs all at once before and are about to go back to that in the Summer. I think in this house you could probably easily manage 5, if there wasn't so much crap lying around!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Mine's only a wee semi but I could easily fit 4 big 'uns, I think it depends on exercise too, as long as they all get on and have a decent place to relax and sleep and not causing accidents or anything. Sometimes when people have a big house and a bit of land too they get lazy and the dogs don't go for as many proper walks and I think personally walks account for a lot more than just exercise. (No offence to anyone, not saying everyone in a big house/land does it!)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Depends on the dogs, the house and your lifestyle really.... and also what you consider large..... and also how bad you want the dogs!
I live in a large 4 bed detached, but it is not enormous, however I have already figured if I take the breakfast table out of the kitchen I can fit a single amttress on the floor for a IWH.
Mind you I haven't discussed this with anyone, but where there's a will lol.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I've only got a two bed bungalow but there's lots of spare room here for loads more dogs, at one time we had 11 GSDs & 2 BCs & 2 cats !!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Depends on the dogs, the house and your lifestyle really.... and also what you consider large..... and also how bad you want the dogs!
I live in a large 4 bed detached, but it is not enormous, however I have already figured if I take the breakfast table out of the kitchen I can fit a single amttress on the floor for a IWH.
Mind you I haven't discussed this with anyone, but where there's a will lol.
See this is what threads like this end up starting!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

we have a 1 bd bungalow, with an average size garden. i wouldnt have another dog in here. exercise is no probs as we have a huge green area. plus a massive park 5 mins walk away.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »