Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:23 AM

Sick neddy......good vibes needed!!

Late on Wednesday night Cello (ex racehorse) was rushed to the best surgical practice in Yorkshire. He'd been displaying colic like symptoms that were not being eased by Buscopan. He is undergoing some surgical procedures today to try and discover what is going on. He was quite poorly last night and we are all worried sick.

I bought Cello 10 years ago after his trainer had tried him over the flights, he fell and fractured his neck. He was in a very sorry state.

In this first pic I'd had him about 6 weeks, his back legs were splayed to keep his balance, he couldn't lift his neck any higher than it is in the pic, he was 'race weight' and was covered in sores.

In this pic I'd had him about 2 years....

After 4 years of love, tears and TLC he was the picture of health and was competing at County Level.

He's been through so much and I am praying he'll come through this.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Oh gosh, have everything crossed for you

Have been there and done that with colic many times and lost my big girl to it in 2008

Hes a fighter obviously so im sure he will pull through this!!

Stunning boy,

Hurry up and get well soon Cello!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh God, I know how devastated you must be feeling right now, and I went through similar once when my horse had colic overnight, he was in a muck sweat by the time I arrived at the yard at 7 am. cast in the stable, I had to get the vet and the fire brigade to get him up, oh it was truly awful. We rushed him over to the vet's, and I will never forget the look on my vet's face from across the counter when I asked if he was going to be ok. He told me it was the most serious op ever, and even if he survived the op, he wouldn't be out of the woods, because of the peritonitis problem afterwards.

However, I'm very pleased to tell you, that they found the problem by "going in" via the back passage, so operated straight away, and by the time I went up to see him next morning, he was bright as a button (whereas I looked like death!). Box rest until the stitches came out and then healed, put on acp's, and he dragged me out to the field like a nutter!!

Your boy will be ok, he's in a good place, they know what they're doing and they will save him for you I'm absolutely positive about that, after seeing the state my poor horse was in, I honestly thought it would be the end.

Sending everything I've got that your poor boy will be diagnosed and fixed, he's certainly a very handsome man, and you've done wonders with him that's for sure, but you WILL have him back, stay positive and keep us informed.xxx
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Oh gosh, have everything crossed for you

Have been there and done that with colic many times and lost my big girl to it in 2008

Hes a fighter obviously so im sure he will pull through this!!

Stunning boy,

Hurry up and get well soon Cello!!
Thank you. I'm not sure it is purely colic. He's reluctant to lay down and all the time he's stood it's as if he's trying to wee but only managing the odd dribble. When he got to Minster on Wed night he was dehydrated, they gave him fluids and catheterised him. He was much more comfortable when they'd done this. During yesterday they removed the catheter and he had 2 or 3 normal wees. Then at tea time he started the same behaviour as the night before, not eating or drinking, obvious stomach pain and unable to urinate. Today they are planning to scope him and perform a laparoscopy. They scanned him yesterday but said that they could only see about 60% of what they needed to because he's a tad overweight .
I'm thinking it could be stones??? They have prepared us that it could possibly be a tumour but I don't want to think about that...I lost my old boy due to a tumour in his bowel
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh God, I know how devastated you must be feeling right now, and I went through similar once when my horse had colic overnight, he was in a muck sweat by the time I arrived at the yard at 7 am. cast in the stable, I had to get the vet and the fire brigade to get him up, oh it was truly awful. We rushed him over to the vet's, and I will never forget the look on my vet's face from across the counter when I asked if he was going to be ok. He told me it was the most serious op ever, and even if he survived the op, he wouldn't be out of the woods, because of the peritonitis problem afterwards.

However, I'm very pleased to tell you, that they found the problem by "going in" via the back passage, so operated straight away, and by the time I went up to see him next morning, he was bright as a button (whereas I looked like death!). Box rest until the stitches came out and then healed, put on acp's, and he dragged me out to the field like a nutter!!

Your boy will be ok, he's in a good place, they know what they're doing and they will save him for you I'm absolutely positive about that, after seeing the state my poor horse was in, I honestly thought it would be the end.

Sending everything I've got that your poor boy will be diagnosed and fixed, he's certainly a very handsome man, and you've done wonders with him that's for sure, but you WILL have him back, stay positive and keep us informed.xxx
Thank you so much xx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
Thank you. I'm not sure it is purely colic. He's reluctant to lay down and all the time he's stood it's as if he's trying to wee but only managing the odd dribble. When he got to Minster on Wed night he was dehydrated, they gave him fluids and catheterised him. He was much more comfortable when they'd done this. During yesterday they removed the catheter and he had 2 or 3 normal wees. Then at tea time he started the same behaviour as the night before, not eating or drinking, obvious stomach pain and unable to urinate. Today they are planning to scope him and perform a laparoscopy. They scanned him yesterday but said that they could only see about 60% of what they needed to because he's a tad overweight .
I'm thinking it could be stones??? They have prepared us that it could possibly be a tumour but I don't want to think about that...I lost my old boy due to a tumour in his bowel
Oh bless him, he must be so umcomfortable! Could well be stones if hes finding it hard to pee, maybe the catheter moved them and now theyve slid back to being painfull.

Poor poor lad I hope whatever they find is easily treated
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Oh bless him, he must be so umcomfortable! Could well be stones if hes finding it hard to pee, maybe the catheter moved them and now theyve slid back to being painfull.

Poor poor lad I hope whatever they find is easily treated
That's what I'm thinking. Bloody dogs and horses!!!!! Without them I'd probably look 10 years younger and have a very healthy bank balance......but oh how bl@@dy miserable I'd be!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Oh no Your poor boy. He is so gorgeous and after all he has been through, he must be a real fighter. I do hope the vet can find out what the problem is, and treat it asap. Thinking of you.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Oh no Your poor boy. He is so gorgeous and after all he has been through, he must be a real fighter. I do hope the vet can find out what the problem is, and treat it asap. Thinking of you.
Thank you Kirsty, he's such a sweetheart, so kind and gentle. I'm beside myself that he's being prodded and poked but I know it has to be done. Will let you all know later this aft how he's doing when I've been to see him x
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Bloody dogs and horses!!!!! Without them I'd probably look 10 years younger and have a very healthy bank balance......but oh how bl@@dy miserable I'd be!
have to agree totally with this, although I no longer have horses.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, he is in the best possible place right now.
Sending huge vibes to your beautiful boy.
xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >