Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 09:50 AM

Daily Chat Monday 4th October

Good morning everyone

The conkers round here are to very bit and not a lot of them. Have picked uo enough to ward of the spiders.

Wet again today. Done the monthly shop, sorted and put away. Have changed two beds but it will have to go in the tumble dryer. Did all we wanted yesterday at the house and also discovered a leak which has damaged an end panel on a floor unit which the company will reimburse Ben for as it was their fault. Leak located and sorted now.

Hope all are well. Stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Morning just. Will have to hope that someone will find some conkers for me as don't fancy walking all the way to the park where I used to get them with the weather so unpredictable. Got soaked this morning and then had a frantic call from a friend who had fallen over and bumped her head. Anyway sorted her out and sat for well over an hour with her. She is ok and her daughter is with her now. So excitement over and now back to wrestling with Tesco website, again. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

The conkers round here are to very bit and not a lot of them. Have picked uo enough to ward of the spiders.

Wet again today. Done the monthly shop, sorted and put away. Have changed two beds but it will have to go in the tumble dryer. Did all we wanted yesterday at the house and also discovered a leak which has damaged an end panel on a floor unit which the company will reimburse Ben for as it was their fault. Leak located and sorted now.

Hope all are well. Stay safe
Sue that can't be right it can't be a month since I last read you did a monthly shop.....where is time going...LOL

Glad all is being sorted with the house will he move in when complete or stay with you until the family come over?

I do not have a tumble dryer but thinking do I or do I not get one again. Managed to get my washing dryish on the line until the rain came but had it in by then.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning just. Will have to hope that someone will find some conkers for me as don't fancy walking all the way to the park where I used to get them with the weather so unpredictable. Got soaked this morning and then had a frantic call from a friend who had fallen over and bumped her head. Anyway sorted her out and sat for well over an hour with her. She is ok and her daughter is with her now. So excitement over and now back to wrestling with Tesco website, again. Have a good day all.
Does it actually work in keeping spiders away? never tried it but did collect conkers for playing "conkers" when younger.

Oh no how did your friend fall over something or missed her footing? how nice of you to go over and sit with her.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Evening all
Lost my day lol. Still chasing the roof repair at Steve's... starting to worry now because the wet weather is here and he can't afford to replace carpets if they get wet.
Treating myself to some beers tonight
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Kazz slippery decking. Yep conkers work when fresh. Just hope I can get some. It might mean a taxi one way.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 04:03 PM
I might be walking to the Drs this week Brenda, I am sure there's a conker tree on the way, if I come across any I will pick some up
Second phonecall to the housing about the roof.....the surveyor hasn't had chance to look at our problem yet....I have found the ceo's email address so if it isn't sorted out, he can deal with it!!! I have also sent a message to them on messenger so Steve has something in print and I have voiced my concern about his personal property being damaged
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Sue have you seen this suspect you will have of course South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Cape Verde and Indonesia are all expected to be opened up to quarantine-free travel in time for the October half-term break.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Kazz slippery decking. Yep conkers work when fresh. Just hope I can get some. It might mean a taxi one way.
Ouch hope she feels better although after falls its always the next couple of days when your adrenaline has worn off you ache
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2021, 05:32 PM
Good evening all.

Well, the Gary problem is sorted for now.

It turns out that the problem with the deaf girl are all down to one of the carers where he lives has been spreading some nasty, false rumours and it seems she has done the same before and already is on a warning for it. She will be out as the Care Manager is furious.

However, she has asked me to monitor things to see how it goes before she offers a flat to her. If only she hadn't been on holiday this past couple of weeks, things would have been sorted earlier.

[a social network] is down so, of course, so is Messenger. Gary is panicking, but have texted him by 'phone to tell him he will just have to wait for it to come back on again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >