View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks I see she loves having her picture taken whether she is looking at the camera or not I am scared that she was abused by her previous owners.. she still tucks her tail and when we use a stern voice she crouches.. She also still tucks her tail when greeting strangers. We are working on socializing her at the moment. She doesn't show aggression to the act still but she tends to bark or whine at it... Idk if she is scared of it or just wants to play tho the cat doesn't want to She so far has done well with greeting other dogs.. only deal that worries me is that she tucks her tail when first greeted by them.. she also tends to roll over to bigger dogs when they greet her.. Guess saying she knows she don't have dominance.. I have no idea.. We hope to keep her .. and if the old owners show up.. I guess we will have to see how that goes. Im praying they don't if they are abusive.. you know?
Thanks for reading this thread everyone hope to keep in touch with you all! love talking with everyone
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I am also hoping you get to keep her. I am sure it was meant to be
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 07:35 AM
thank you
We found out she is very well so house trained.. but might have seperation issues..We had to leave her alone for a few hours the other day due to us visiting my boyfriends grma in the hospital for her bday... we got home she hadn't pottied anywhere or nothing.. but she had tore the snot out of the door and somehow got up on the counter and tore the curtains down.. weird.. then today we left her alone for awhile because his dad was doing firefighter work and had an accident and was put in the hospital.. He is ok just has a messed up pelvic bone and a broken heel in his foot. anyhow we got home this time we had her in a large hunting cage.. one my grmpa uses for his German Shorthair when he takes him hunting.. its a metal cage large enough for her to play in etc, she had toys and food and water in the cage with her.. when we got home the blanket that I laid in there for her along with a pillow, had been torn to pieces and the door looked scratched up.. maybe she just hates being locked up.. im not sure.. but she after I let her out wouldn't leave my side.. opinions?

Thanks again for reading and commenting
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah a rescue or vets will tell you or not if she is owned she might have a microchip instead of a tag which will of course tell you the name of the owners and how to contact. Sounds to me if her nails where painted she is a family pet and probably missed its possible her nails are torn because she has warn down them down or even hit by car not sure how dog would servive that.

Its all ways a toughie in this situation but worth contacting the propper authorities.
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:41 PM
She did not have a microchip in her at all.. The pound said that her nails were not very well taken care of at all and she needed a bath majorly.. she had fleas etc.The vet said to wait awhile and see if maybe she is pregnant .. they think she might be but it is too soon to do a ultra sound or to tell.. I have no idea, next week she goes for vacs and rabies shots plus check for heart worm etc.

quick question.. what would you think should be done with a broken nail.. they were clipped etc.. they were cracked when they were clipped but bow a top piece is missing from her nail.. it bleed a lil today but nothing major.. should I wrap it to keep it from getting worse?

Thanks everyone
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by DogLover4Life View Post
She did not have a microchip in her at all.. The pound said that her nails were not very well taken care of at all and she needed a bath majorly.. she had fleas etc.The vet said to wait awhile and see if maybe she is pregnant .. they think she might be but it is too soon to do a ultra sound or to tell.. I have no idea, next week she goes for vacs and rabies shots plus check for heart worm etc.

quick question.. what would you think should be done with a broken nail.. they were clipped etc.. they were cracked when they were clipped but bow a top piece is missing from her nail.. it bleed a lil today but nothing major.. should I wrap it to keep it from getting worse?

Thanks everyone
If the vets think she is pregnant, they should NOT be vaccinating her! Unless you plan on doing a pregnant spay, as Vaccines can really damage the unborn and nursing puppies. Please wait, she can go awhile without vaccines, just keep her at home until you can find out for sure if she is pregnant. My vet WILL NOT vaccinate a pregnant dog, unless the pups are being aborted. We've ran into this a couple of times with our rescued Rez dogs.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 05:00 PM
No idea what to do with a broken nail the dog may pull it off themselves it will bleed a lot because their is a vein in the nail, often when you cut cats or dogs nails too low they can bleed.

concern abouting bandaiding a broken nail is the dog may try to pull the bandege off again and do more dammege if it catches the bandege. but probably worth putting one on just to keep it clean and hope for the best.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by DogLover4Life View Post
thank you
We found out she is very well so house trained.. but might have seperation issues..We had to leave her alone for a few hours the other day due to us visiting my boyfriends grma in the hospital for her bday... we got home she hadn't pottied anywhere or nothing.. but she had tore the snot out of the door and somehow got up on the counter and tore the curtains down.. weird.. then today we left her alone for awhile because his dad was doing firefighter work and had an accident and was put in the hospital.. He is ok just has a messed up pelvic bone and a broken heel in his foot. anyhow we got home this time we had her in a large hunting cage.. one my grmpa uses for his German Shorthair when he takes him hunting.. its a metal cage large enough for her to play in etc, she had toys and food and water in the cage with her.. when we got home the blanket that I laid in there for her along with a pillow, had been torn to pieces and the door looked scratched up.. maybe she just hates being locked up.. im not sure.. but she after I let her out wouldn't leave my side.. opinions?

Thanks again for reading and commenting
I would imagine she is still feeling very insecure so yes, definitely sounds like separation anxiety and I would think very difficult to deal with until she has been with you a little longer. Have you tried leaving her with some chews or a kong stuffed with something to keep her busy when you have to go out? There are lots of ways of dealing with separation anxiety and there have been a few threads about it on Dogsey. Mind you, I have a 11 years old rescue staffie x (had her for 10 years) and she still suffers from it. Lost count of the number of cushions she has chewed
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 06:15 PM
She's a lovely little dog and am sure separation anxiety issues will lessen, good luck
DogLover4Life
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
If the vets think she is pregnant, they should NOT be vaccinating her! Unless you plan on doing a pregnant spay, as Vaccines can really damage the unborn and nursing puppies. Please wait, she can go awhile without vaccines, just keep her at home until you can find out for sure if she is pregnant. My vet WILL NOT vaccinate a pregnant dog, unless the pups are being aborted. We've ran into this a couple of times with our rescued Rez dogs.
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
No idea what to do with a broken nail the dog may pull it off themselves it will bleed a lot because their is a vein in the nail, often when you cut cats or dogs nails too low they can bleed.

concern abouting bandaiding a broken nail is the dog may try to pull the bandege off again and do more dammege if it catches the bandege. but probably worth putting one on just to keep it clean and hope for the best.
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
I would imagine she is still feeling very insecure so yes, definitely sounds like separation anxiety and I would think very difficult to deal with until she has been with you a little longer. Have you tried leaving her with some chews or a kong stuffed with something to keep her busy when you have to go out? There are lots of ways of dealing with separation anxiety and there have been a few threads about it on Dogsey. Mind you, I have a 11 years old rescue staffie x (had her for 10 years) and she still suffers from it. Lost count of the number of cushions she has chewed
Sara, I have decided after researching to do as you have recommended. I am going to wait to make sure she isn't Pregnant to do any vacs. Thanks for the Advice

Pip, I think I am going to just have it wrapped when she goes outside, That way it doesn't get infected. Thanks for your advice

Sue, I have left her bones, left her chew toys and a tennis ball, she still ignores them and tries to get out. I usually put some food in the Kennel with her and water just in case we are gone longer than expected, she tends to dump her water and food making a mess and scratches at the kennel.. yesterday I came home and she had tried chewing out, her nose had a new scratch on it.. I felt bad... I am still trying to do more to help her.. I have tried playing music.. Tried leaving it quiet.. she just keeps going.. I feel bad sometimes I could take her everywhere with me lol

Thanks everyone
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4