Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Ollie, male Staffie, DOB 26.05.05

Ollie, Staffie, DOB 26.05.05 – Godstone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Ollie needs a Staffie family who can enjoy his many gifts and manage him around bouncy off lead dogs when they approach him. He needs to be an only pet. He would delight in his own secure garden. An opportunist with food, he can open lever doors. Ollie can be left for short periods.

Video: Ollie, one jump, at least, ahead of Wendy with his training!

Video: Click HERE video of Ollie playing

His Story: Ollie owner stood by him for 5 years but couldn't find accommodation with Ollie. He did a 'boot camp' training course in preparation for rehoming. Ollie is neutered; chipped and vax'd. Ollie has had a series of foster placements during his long wait for rehoming and is currently kennelled in Godstone, Surrey.

Advert: Ollie is a great Staffie who loves people. Ollie welcomes visitors including children though has not lived with children. He meets most dogs well outside, can get flustered when off lead bouncy, dogs approach him. Ollie is housetrained and manages well when left for short periods. Ollie loves the car, loves lying next to you on the sofa and loves to sleep on the bed: Ollie is an inclusive dog. Ollie is such a character and he steals your heart.

Ollie is a beautiful 7 year old Staffie with a soft lemon coat. He is chilled and loves relaxing in company. He doesn't like to be closed in and left out, when guests arrive he is convinced they've come to see HIM! Ollie likes to be with you on the sofa and sleep beside your bed! Ollie is trained and has a good command of instructions. Ollie is a really lovely Staffie who so needs his family around him.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh my, what an adorable little dog! I hope he finds a lovely home really soon, he looks and sounds like a darling..
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Wendy, Ollie's fosterer, has been putting in some training. Ollie does all the commands beautifully, just Wendy is a little confused with what word means what ... it has to be watched!

Video: Ollie, one jump, at least, ahead of Wendy with his training

Ollie is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Ollie enjoyed a walk with Louise one morning. He enjoyed having a paddle in the stream, a roll in the grass and cuddles. Such a lovely, happy boy.

Ollie is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-09-2013, 07:40 PM
An update from one of our volunteers who gave Ollie a break from kennels:

"It’s been such a privilege to have Ollie staying with me over the last week. As someone said in a previous post – there’s something special about this dog.

Ollie has been entertaining me since we left kennels, particularly the way he watches the road as if he’s the driver himself.

On the way home we stopped for a bite to eat, taking Ollie for a walk around the garden and then left him in the conservatory entertaining himself with the scent on the cat’s seat. When the snuffling stopped I went out to investigate to find Ollie taking himself for a wander up the garden. I hasten to add the garden was previously springer spaniel proved. He’d opened the door handle himself. With Ollie safely back in the house and settling down to lunch had an OMG moment, the cat was safely in a bedroom with a dog that knows to open doors. Later that day at home Ollie again showed me again how he knows to open a door.

Moving on, Monday he had a further bit of excitement when I was just about to put him in the garden and a very young kitten walked up to the window and looked at him nose to nose, once both had recovered from their statue like positions, all hackles (both cat and dogs) were up and the kitten fled to the fence were it froze for a little while tormenting Ollie until I managed to move him away.

Ollie now has a couple of favourite positions in the house. In my spare bedroom watching, and sometimes surprising passers by with a little bit of barking. The other is on my sofa - what was previously my favourite place!. Anytime I left it I’d come back to find him in it, but it’s close to where I work so easy fussing distance.

Ollie’s been enjoying the sea air on his walks along the cliff. We are taking our walks about mid-morning so he can miss the dog walking rush hour. So far his piggy noises have only been occasional, more so when he pulls and they do seem to settle - really they’re quite endearing.

Ollie’s also demonstrated his hilarious method of coming down stairs, :laugh2: although he can do it properly when someone is at the door. He is also showing off his previous training of sit, paw, other one, both paws etc. Clever boy.

Best of Ollie is showing himself to be a kind hearted, affectionate and polite little dog. Places himself nearby wherever you are in the house. He wants to please and tries to give kisses whenever he can. He's certainly does not disappoint".

Ollie is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Ollie is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-11-2013, 09:49 PM
May 2011 was when Ollie arrived in rescue with us! Can't believe he is still waiting for that elusive forever home.

Here he is yesterday putting in an appearance at our photoshoot at the boardig kennels and was looking good!

With Jessie, one of our volunteers ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
New pics from last Saturday's photoshoot of Ollie - always nice to see our old friends!

"I know she has YUM YUMS - she always has YUM YUMS"!

Ollie is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Ollie a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Closed Thread