13-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Of course we care Jenny, we all care
Big hugs to you

x x Jeanette
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I am so sorry you are feeling down, I hope you feel more positive today. Life can be really cr*** sometimes. I am sure you are a wonderful grandmother with a lot to offer the grandchildren.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Awwww Jen, I didn't realise you've been suffering as much as this, and I know we have to expect this kind of thing as we get older, but I thought all your replacement parts would get you back on your feet again and pain free, and I'm so sorry you have such bad days

As for not being able to fulfill your role as great grandma, well that's just not gonna happen Jen, you are the nucleus (sp?) of that special family of yours. Even chairbound grandmas are very special people, let alone one like you, who is a GREATgrandma (in every sense of the word!), your mind is still very active even if those legs fail you sometimes, and I know for a fact you can cook up the best Sunday lunch in the whole of the west country, not to mention the pud! As long as you can keep that pain under control that's all you've got to worry about, you can enjoy life as much as you always have, you just have to work around the way it restricts you sometimes, and there's always a way.

Don't let it get you down Jen, you have been blessed in so many ways, and we're sending lots of ((((((((((hugs))))))))) to cheer you up.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Big big (((hugs))) from Dillon and me. Well slobbery kisses from Dillon and probabaly best from a distance.

Of course we care and of course you will still be a wonderful Grandma. I hope the ideas they have in store for you make a difference and help to alleviate the pain and help you gain more mobility than you have at the moment.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Big (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) to you Jen from us all here.

There's nothing worse than being in constant pain.... We all really feel for you.

Try and keep your chin up, you are the BEST Mum & Grandma in the world to your family It must get you down not being able to run about the football pitch, but the most comfort you should receive is just being there for your family, your ever familiar smile and conversation will be the best gift that you could give to them.

Hope any treatment that they can offer you will be of help. Keep taking the tablets

All your friends on Dogsey are always here for you x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Big (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))).
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Just put some make up on to make an effort and pull myself together, then you lot make me cry
Thanks for all your support, it really does help.
Azz I wish I had your strength and commitment. My detox's last approx 10 mins

I had another fall yesterday, well a stumble really. I knocked my hand against a wall and now I have a swollen sore little finger
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh Jen. First of all.....*hugs*

Quite understand why you must be feeling miserable, particularly when you really want to be active with the family.

I didn't realise you'd had radiotherapy back in 2001 and I also didn't know it can have lasting, ill effects either. That's not fair. Interesting to know.

Try and keep your chin up. Nothing we can do or say will change the facts but we are all here for you when you need us and you know where to find us.

Take care of yourself. xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Aww Nippy *hug*, hope you feel better soon.

I won't nag you about going on my detox, as I know you'll only clip me around the ear
Detox is all very well and good, but it won't change progressive nerve damage, unfortunately.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Sorry you are feeling so down Jenny I have no advice to offer, I just wanted to let you know that you are a HUGELY important part of Dogsey, and I have no doubt whatsoever that you are even more so within your family and friends outside Dogsey. Hugs.x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >