Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 11:52 AM

Unusual encounter out walking

I was out walking my two yesterday when a man in a red car noticed us and pulled over.

He asked me if Archie, my JRT was a bitch or a dog. I told him dog. He said it was a real pity and pointed out his own (gorgeous) wee JRT in the back of his car. He said he wanted to find a bitch to breed with him.

His own dog looked quite young, but perhaps I'm wrong. I thought it was a very strange way to approach someone about breeding and I do wonder if he has any clue about health checks age of dogs etc when it comes to breeding, probably not if this is how he's doing it!

I ws sure to mention that both of mine were neutered incase his motives were less than honest.

But oddly he did appear to be genuine and loved his little dog. Maybe he was just uneducated when it comes to the ins and outs of breeding.

Strange none the less!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately there are people who do this, has happened to me too. People just seem to think all they need is a male and female and hey presto perfect pups, if only it were that easy lol!
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Exactly Becky!
He said "It's a shame, it would have been lovely to have some puppies running around."

I really don't think he registers how much breeeding involves. I have no experiance of it, and am not about to start!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Im sorry but it sounds more like doggie prostitution than looking for an approperite health checked suitable dog to mate his dog with .
Ppl like this have no bloody idea the implications this sort of thing can have on each dog ,and puppies not to mention the un suspecting new owners
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Im sorry but it sounds more like doggie prostitution than looking for an approperite health checked suitable dog to mate his dog with .
Ppl like this have no bloody idea the implications this sort of thing can have on each dog ,and puppies not to mention the un suspecting new owners
Ha ha, "Doggie Prostitution" very apt!
Imagine a man pulling up in a car beside you and saying, "Hey, let's make some babies."
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Ha ha, "Doggie Prostitution" very apt!
Imagine a man pulling up in a car beside you and saying, "Hey, let's make some babies."
sorry that made me smile .............how much for 10 min tye ...sorry
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I was hounded (pardon the pun!) by a woman with a white female GSD who wanted to have Seiko babies..

I kept saying no.. no.. no... no.. then one day she said.. "well you are nuts if you think any other GSD owners will use him in the area, cos I have told everyone you shouldn't own a GSD and are very unapproachable"..

LOL!! I nearly wet myself in the street.. you should have seen her face when my rant finished with.."you shouldn't own a gsd either if you cant even recognise the fact that Seiko is a SAMOYED you stupid woman!"..

she left me alone after that!!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
sorry that made me smile .............how much for 10 min tye ...sorry

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I was hounded (pardon the pun!) by a woman with a white female GSD who wanted to have Seiko babies..

I kept saying no.. no.. no... no.. then one day she said.. "well you are nuts if you think any other GSD owners will use him in the area, cos I have told everyone you shouldn't own a GSD and are very unapproachable"..

LOL!! I nearly wet myself in the street.. you should have seen her face when my rant finished with.."you shouldn't own a gsd either if you cant even recognise the fact that Seiko is a SAMOYED you stupid woman!"..

Excellent! (Your response, not her hounding you!) She sounded a bit of a bunny boiler, btw!
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:28 PM
A neighbour of mine did this he went round the estate looking for a pedigree male GSD to mate his b**** never the less it didnt happen due to the fact that nobody owned a pedigree male and he is not the sort of neighbour you can apporach to tell him about the health issues and hip scoring its just a way of making money to him
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post

Excellent!
Becky