Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Foxy

I use the upright 'hoover' vacuum cleaners and if the main filter gets excessivly clogged-the motor gets too hot and will shut down until cool.

If yours is same as mine,release the dirt dumpster then stick your hand up inside the big hole above.You will feel a plastic thingy and just unscrew this anti-clockwise then gently pull it down.This will be bright orange plastic filter with another standard filter clipped on top.Take it outside and give it a good banging to remove dirt or wash in sink with warm water (no detergent).Depending on model-it may have a Hepa filter underneath the dirt dumpster,but Hepa's are maintenance free so dont touch that one!

I have to clean my filters about every few weeks,but this vacuum cleaner does do a great job!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye
If its the new Hoover one pet, then yes it has a cut out, I bought one a couple of months ago and despite cleaning all the filters (think it has five) ever time I use it it still cuts out every time i use it especially when I use the hose, so when I get time gonna ring hoover, it wasnt cheap neither nearly 300 quid, was meant for the dogs really but sooo annoying
b-eye

No this isn't a pet one its just a normal Hoover I think but a bagless one - Hoover Cylonic Dustmanager or something - it's a green thing anyhow My O/h just had a look at it (cos he was out when it first 'broke') and the filters were blocked because the carpet is new and the fluff is still coming out of it, so I think thats what caused it to cut out.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Foxy

I use the upright 'hoover' vacuum cleaners and if the main filter gets excessivly clogged-the motor gets too hot and will shut down until cool.

If yours is same as mine,release the dirt dumpster then stick your hand up inside the big hole above.You will feel a plastic thingy and just unscrew this anti-clockwise then gently pull it down.This will be bright orange plastic filter with another standard filter clipped on top.Take it outside and give it a good banging to remove dirt or wash in sink with warm water (no detergent).Depending on model-it may have a Hepa filter underneath the dirt dumpster,but Hepa's are maintenance free so dont touch that one!

I have to clean my filters about every few weeks,but this vacuum cleaner does do a great job!

Hi Steve, yes the filters were blocked with my new carpet so it was my fault Can't believe how much fluff is coming out of the damn thing Yes I think it has got hepa filtration or something like that.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
we did that last year Foxy...wasn't til we'd returned and swapped the hoover for a new model we realised about the cut off thingy...ooooppppssss!!!!

No we have just realised that we didn't get any instructions or anything with it so I didn't know about the cut out thing. My oh got rid of the box but swears there was no instructions in it and I remember putting all that polystyrene back in the box and there was no instructions in there.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hi Steve, yes the filters were blocked with my new carpet so it was my fault Can't believe how much fluff is coming out of the damn thing Yes I think it has got hepa filtration or something like that.
I had a feelin' it had to be blocked filters Foxy cause mine does it when they get excessivly dirty.I make a habit of checking them every 2-3 weeks cause of the crap Vegas brings in...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I had a feelin' it had to be blocked filters Foxy cause mine does it when they get excessivly dirty.I make a habit of checking them every 2-3 weeks cause of the crap Vegas brings in...
Awww stop blaming poor Vegas - it's you and your dirty work boots
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
ahh that'll do it...you will find you will be picking up alot of new carpet fuzz for a while. Probably more noticeable now you have a new vacuum too, the old one probably didn't pick up so much.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
ahh that'll do it...you will find you will be picking up alot of new carpet fuzz for a while. Probably more noticeable now you have a new vacuum too, the old one probably didn't pick up so much.
I'm not going to have no carpet left at this rate
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:03 PM
I just remembered something else Foxy! When the man came and changed my motor, he said the reason the motor heats up too quickly is due to the fact that the bagless ones are rubbish and all the dirt/dust goes flying around in there and ends up blocking up the motor and they'd had no end of problems with them. Does you'rs have the plastic container inside? Well, what he suggested for me, was to fit a part and actually change it over to a bagged one, and from that day on, the hoover worked fine, never cut out on me, and the motor's still going. You then have to use the Hoover Purepower bags for them, so unless you want it constantly cutting out through overhating, I suggest you do he same with yours. Hoover don't charge to send an engineer round to do this either under your guarantee. Hope that helps. I couldn't even hoover one room without the damn thing cutting out on me, ridiculous!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I just remembered something else Foxy! When the man came and changed my motor, he said the reason the motor heats up too quickly is due to the fact that the bagless ones are rubbish and all the dirt/dust goes flying around in there and ends up blocking up the motor and they'd had no end of problems with them. Does you'rs have the plastic container inside? Well, what he suggested for me, was to fit a part and actually change it over to a bagged one, and from that day on, the hoover worked fine, never cut out on me, and the motor's still going. You then have to use the Hoover Purepower bags for them, so unless you want it constantly cutting out through overhating, I suggest you do he same with yours. Hoover don't charge to send an engineer round to do this either under your guarantee. Hope that helps. I couldn't even hoover one room without the damn thing cutting out on me, ridiculous!

Hiya Helen,

Yes its a bagless one with the removable plastic thing that you empty. I have an Hoover purepower one upstairs that I use for the bedrooms and that has a bag in it. I have had electrolux bagless ones before and havent had any problems with them - so is it just the Hoover ones that cut out?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >