View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Ive been taking her out every hour or so to relieve herself..she has been going fine.
She was layed on the sofa next to me, jumped up in a sort of confused state then got on the floor and wee'd instantly.

She seems not very with it but i cant put my finger on what exactly but shes not right.
do you think this is normal with an infection? when she peed it was instant, like she either had not choice and just had to go or just forgot where she was.
I took her straight outside, didnt tell her off but just cleaned it up.

How long do antibiotics usually take to work? the vet has put her on oxytet, 2, 3 times a day and i started them this morning with her.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Ive been taking her out every hour or so to relieve herself..she has been going fine.
She was layed on the sofa next to me, jumped up in a sort of confused state then got on the floor and wee'd instantly.

She seems not very with it but i cant put my finger on what exactly but shes not right.
do you think this is normal with an infection? when she peed it was instant, like she either had not choice and just had to go or just forgot where she was.
I took her straight outside, didnt tell her off but just cleaned it up.

How long do antibiotics usually take to work? the vet has put her on oxytet, 2, 3 times a day and i started them this morning with her.
Hi Layla , if it was just urinary incontinence I would be thinking on the lines of a urinary tract infection or something related to the recent spay (maybe to do with the ligaments which attached the bladder to the uterus) but as you have had double incontinence not sure what is going on. I am not a vet and can only make suggestions with regard to what may be behaviour issues. The problem may be medical or connected to the infected wound .

I can't say about the anti biotics either, many take 24/36 hours to start to work but I would ask your vet .

I would see how things go when you have finished the course. If you have any concerns about Sadie at any time don't be afraid to ask your vet about it, remember you are the paying customer.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Well i had to take her back to the vets yesterday..the whole wound start oozing pus and weeping.

She is usually a star in the vets but had to be muzzled as as soon as the vet touched the wound she yelped in pain and tried to have a little bite

It was a different vet i saw and he was surprised at the choice of antibiotics used.

she has been changed onto sinyulox (sp?) and carprofen and has to go back in on monday, he said its an infection from the internal stitches.
He thinks her messing was because of her being stressed as shes in quite a bit of pain with it(evident by her having to be muzzled which is totally out of character)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Well i had to take her back to the vets yesterday..the whole wound start oozing pus and weeping.

She is usually a star in the vets but had to be muzzled as as soon as the vet touched the wound she yelped in pain and tried to have a little bite

It was a different vet i saw and he was surprised at the choice of antibiotics used.

she has been changed onto sinyulox (sp?) and carprofen and has to go back in on monday, he said its an infection from the internal stitches.
He thinks her messing was because of her being stressed as shes in quite a bit of pain with it(evident by her having to be muzzled which is totally out of character)
Hi Layla poor Sadie, it must have been very sore for her .

It just shows doesn't it, if there is a sudden change in behaviour look at recent events for a clue.
I hope she will be better soon. x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2