Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:47 PM

RSPCA case involving my dog

My retired greyhound Kym has been with us for 6 months now, when we got her from the kennels we were unaware that she had been rescued from previous owners (and her kennel mate and about 60 other animals) About a month ago i had a call from the RSPCA asking if they could come and see my dog and weigh her and get her examined by the case vet which of course i complied with. The vet didn't recognise her as being the same dog he had treated so i guess that means we have done a good job getting her back into condition. The RSPCA officer showed me photos of her injuries (her and her kennel mate were left outside tied up on concrete with the odd bone chucked their way. They were both seriously underweight (her kennel mate nearly died) my dogs injuries were horrific, she had sores that were so deep you could see the bone. Anyway these people have pleaded not guilty despite being advised by their solicitor to plead guilty so its going to court on March 6th (they said the dogs had got out and came back in that condition) i hope they throw the book at them and ban them from ever having animals again. Why do people have animals and then do this ?? Surprisingly my dog is very placid and seems to have no behavioural problems although she follows me everywhere which can be a bit annoying bless her. Sorry to go on...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:51 PM
It always completely amazes me that dogs are, in the main, so forgiving. They seem to suffer the most horrific conditions, yet are more than willing to lick your hand, and give you a quick tail-wag.

Will you be in court?

Try to resist taking a crossbow with you....
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Lets hope they get what they deserve!!

Thank god she is safe with you now.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I would like to go just to see em get their just desserts but can't guarantee i won't get done for contempt of court ! i'm not being called as witness as it was before i had her but i have made a statement concerning her condition etc
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Hope they get what they deserve. So glad you have given this girl a chance it sounds like she had really landed on her feet with you. I wish more people would give greyhounds a chance as they do make brilliant house dogs and wonderful companions.

My greyhounds follow me about too, i'm used to it now though and dont trip over them nearly as much!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2009, 06:05 PM
If the evidence speaks for itself before and after, i doubt your statement will be read out.
They are probably going to change their plea in the hope they get a lighter sentence.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I think the RSPCA officer just wanted to get as much evidence as possible to use against them tbh hopefully they might not need to use my statement. Lets hope theres a decent judge hearing the case.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I hope the RSPCA get a successful prosecution.
Thankfully for Kym, she landed on her paws when she found her home with you . xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Do you know which firm is representing them?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Jail the b*stards! Scum of the earth, they are.

They'll likely get a ban (hopefully a lifetime one) and a fine, if they are found guilty, that is. Big bloody deal, eh.

A lifetime ban? What good is that? They obviously don't like animals anyway or they wouldn't abuse and neglect them, but at least it'll hopefully save some animals from the same mistreatment.

At least your dog is safe and well now, thank god.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >