register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: When do you supervise your dog(s) outside?
They are supervised 100% of the time when outside 23 34.85%
They are only supervised 50% of the time when outside 11 16.67%
They are only supervised some of the time when outside 30 45.45%
They are never supervised when they are outside 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:14 PM
There was a family up the road from us who had to knock down their brick wall at the front because it was over 6 foot high.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Can I just ask how you managed to get an 8ft fence around your garden.

The reason I ask is because when I wanted to change my fence 3 years ago I was told that the maximum height I could have was 6ft and that if I wanted to go higher I would have to put up chicken wire on top, which looks crap.
Long story Hun...but we had developers who bought up that land at the back of us, we didn't oppose the build (5 of us) then suddenly they turned up one day saying that they were taking 6 ft off our gardens......anyway's it all went to court...I got voted by the others to be spokes-woman, don't know why as I know nothing about these things, but what I did know was that we did not owe them 6ft of ground....it turned out that the developers were trying to pull a fast one anyway we were awared costs etc., and they had the put back all the fencing....No:s 140 and 141 are of the same family and he built them a wall (8ft) us, 136 and 134 got a 6ft fence...so we went back to the solicitor...which then saw the developer back in court...making us three no too popular with our other nieghbours (140-141) as they wanted to keep thier wall (which was obvious.....we managed to hold the building up by 1 year as they were told by the courts that nothinbg could be done until it had all been resolved......the agreement ended with them allowing us to have a extra 2 ft trellis across the tops of the 6ft fencing....
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry I thought you meant you had a solid fence that was 8ft tall. I didn't realise that the top 2ft was trellis.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Sorry I thought you meant you had a solid fence that was 8ft tall. I didn't realise that the top 2ft was trellis.
sorry my fault....although the trellis is solid wood (if you get my meaning) it's not one the folds up it comes in solid panels and the trellis is square holes not triangle.................am I making any sense on this, because I feel confused anyway the posts are concrete the fen ce slides in and the Solid trellis is fixed to the top....but it looks really good....don't think they can odject to that if you did that rather than chicken wire....
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
sorry my fault....although the trellis is solid wood (if you get my meaning) it's not one the folds up it comes in solid panels and the trellis is square holes not triangle.................am I making any sense on this, because I feel confused anyway the posts are concrete the fen ce slides in and the Solid trellis is fixed to the top....but it looks really good....don't think they can odject to that if you did that rather than chicken wire....
Don't worry I know what you mean.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Have ticked 100% but that does not mean I am in the yard with them, the area and the exercise field are fenced and double gated but the door from the house used to access the yard leads from my office so they are always within my view. Having said that they rarely stay out side if I am inside preferring to get under my feet.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6