Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:00 PM

Dog and other animals acting Odd

I just moved into this place a little over two months ago and just really started to settle in because I was fixing/ removing sheet rock in the only two bedrooms. Now before I moved I had the water, electric and the air tested because I'm just over catious anymore. It was a for sale by owner type of deal and he refused to tell me anything about the house's history. All I know from research is that this place, the original house, was built in 1859 and burned in 1912. Another thing I know from research is that no one has lived at this place for over two years, the shortest was a month. The nearest power station or grid, large power poles or transformers are pretty far from my house. Nearest transformer is just a little past my sister's old place, maybe twelve miles.

Back to the issue. My Shepherd Caesar is normally a very calm dog who will shadow you but never cling to your side. Before I moved here I never heard him bark. About two days after I started ripping down walls in the bedrooms he started to cling to me. What really freaked me out is when my horses started acting out of the ordinary. Going from grazing to galloping around there pasture, like something was after them. However, the grass is kind of low and there is not really to much thick brush near there pasture. I set up a cameras all around it and don't see anything that could be bothering them. Largest predators around are coyotes,hawks and owls. Or when I go to let them out in the morning they are covered in sweat like they had been pacing. So I took one of my niece's hunting cameras that has night vision and hung it in the barn at an angle that could catch there stalls. Upon watching it I found that they were not only pacing but trying to get out of there stalls. Ceasar two days scared the crud out of me. I was eating lunch and reading when he started growling and barking. Not like someone's outside but the kind that would say to a person "you come closer and your throat is getting ripped out." It wasn't at me, as he was in a different room, but when I went to see what was going on and he didn't stop for a minute or so. Either way it was very unnerving.

Any guesses as to what is going on?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Wonder why the owner refused to tell you the history of the house?
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:29 PM
None of the locals want to talk about the place either, all hush hush with them.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Just been having a look,that's a beautiful place you live in Really strange how no-one is saying anything:017Be easy to let the imagine run wild but there could be a really simple explanation for the dog and horses behaviour as animals senses and hearing is way more acute than ours.Possibly even hearing something that's inaudible to you from a fair distance away.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Could be but my niece, whose my neighbor on one side, has no issues with her animals. She was also able to find out that my other neighbor has no issues either. So I'm stumped.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 05:53 PM
BTW I never posted pictures of my property
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by MissingBud View Post
BTW I never posted pictures of my property
I know,was talking about Medicine Lake,its on your profile
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Ohhhh.That makes sense now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:47 PM
I find this fasinating Have you thought of doing research on the house and surrounding area.Archives,looking into old newspaper records etc.There is bound to be some sort of record about the fire at least.The fact that everyone is so hush hush about it would make me want to find out more.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I've tried but this place seems like an uncharted island in the middle of the ocean. The place was empty when it burned and no one has lived in it longer then two years. One thing I found about the area was there was a battle between two Indian tribes, doesn't say where exactly or when. My friend, an Indian medicine women is coming by tomorrow.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »