Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 09:20 AM

My poor Misty (Chinchilla)

My Chinchilla gave birth last night to two kits, unfornatly both babies were born all ready asleep, Misty is going to the vets today for a check up just to make sure that she is allright, and the babies are going there for the vet to decide what to do with, for the simple reason that I live in a flat and have nowhere to bury them .

But I do think that it was because the adults were fed Rabbit food before I was given them, which I was told can do damage to the adults, so if it could damage the adults I think that it wouldn't help the unborn babies, who were also born underdeveloped but now the two chinchillas are separated so there will be no more unwanted babies, but they can still see and smell each other, so I'm hoping that after the males feet are better and after two weeks of him being neutered that they can go back in together and be happy little chinchillas.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Awh I'm sorry to hear about Misty's babies!

Chinchilla's are great pets, my Dad had one for who knows how many years!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah I'm told that they can live for 20 years, and outlive dogs, which I think is amazing that a small furry can live that long
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I have pm'd you, so sad

Elaine xx