View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 10:30 AM

What is the world coming to ( have your say )

ok well we have had the high price of fuel gripe today so thought i would start a thread about your gripes you may have in the modern day we live in i will start off with 2 gripes of my own

1) we have no money to spare for childrens charity cos we spent tens of Billions on a war in Iraq so we all need to give just £2 a month to the NSPCC to save lives ( cost billions to loose them over there )

2) elderly folks care YES folks work all your life then when you can no longer care for yourself and need help you have to sell your house and all you own to pay for it cos the government can't afford to keep you any more ..thanks for all the tax you have paid and your help in 2 world wars but your on your own now

i can see some interesting posts comming right up
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 10:43 AM
There will be lots to moan abbout but here goes ,,, closure of local post offices, again the elderly will suffer, making normal family life impossible unless you are well to do, no more mum to wipe tears just a stranger at nursery etc, very cruel to both mum and child, jobs situations disgraceful too low with huge influx immigrants oh giving up want gt britain to be Great again
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 10:52 AM
The one that springs to mind immediately concerns diabled parking, I have a blue badge due to having severe lung problems, ok so the diabled bays up town are managed as best they can, but it's the supermarkets I moan about, they have all these bays marked out for blue badge holders, but you can guarantee that more than half will have been been taken up by none blue badge holders usually mums with kids(who's marked out bays are just a few yards away), or teenagers/early 20s with their suped up engines, I can walk short distances but need several stops to get my breath, and the last thing I need is to be completly knackered before evan starting my shopping, why can't/don't the supermarkets do something to stop this.

Oh dear I can feel the dagers flying in my direction
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=CLMG;1043954]The one that springs to mind immediately concerns diabled parking, I have a blue badge due to having severe lung problems, ok so the diabled bays up town are managed as best they can, but it's the supermarkets I moan about, they have all these bays marked out for blue badge holders, but you can guarantee that more than half will have been been taken up by none blue badge holders usually mums with kids(who's marked out bays are just a few yards away), or teenagers/early 20s with their suped up engines, I can walk short distances but need several stops to get my breath, and the last thing I need is to be completly knackered before evan starting my shopping, why can't/don't the supermarkets do something to stop this.

Oh dear I can feel the dagers flying in my direction QUOTE

I too have a blue disabled badge as I have Osteo Porosis and can't walk any distance without a lot of pain and effort and like you I get so mad when I go to my local Tesco and can't get into a disabled space because of people with kids who have lots of Spaces specially marked for them or as you say young and fit people who have no problem walking . It really makes me angry when I cannot get a space because some able bodied people with no blue badge aare taking up Diisabled spaces. At this particular Tesco store if you go to the Customer Service Desk and report the on'e's not displaying a blue badge they put a note on the offending vehicle asking them not to park there again. They also from time to time patrol the disabled parking and leave a note . I don't think that by law much more can be done by Tesco to stop this missuse of disabled parking spaces which is very unfortunate for people like us .
Sadly a sign of the times.

No daggers coming from me LOL
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:19 AM
One is vets fees - see post.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Lack of respect and intolerance to other people who are not the 'same' as others, people with diasbilities, different religions etc. I'm not saying that you have to like everyone lol! because you can't and indeed you are entitiled to your own opinions and I firmly do believe in freedom of speach. However, there just seems to be the me me me part of society who will do anything to get what they want and stuff who they hurt in the process to get there.
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post

1) we have no money to spare for childrens charity cos we spent tens of Billions on a war in Iraq so we all need to give just £2 a month to the NSPCC to save lives ( cost billions to loose them over there )
What baffles me is why there is a need for a childrens charity like the NSPCC.
Is`nt cruelty to children under criminal law ??
In which case why is`nt it funded by Government ???
Because a charity run on donations is prepared to take on the task thereby letting the Government and Police off the hook of responsibility perhaps ?
I`m not saying the NSPCC should stop, there is obviously a desperate need for the organisation which is why it started up in the first place but it seems to me to also be the reason a formal legal department has never been set up in its place
More than all that though its a shameful reflection on society that its necessary in this day and age for children to have to be protected from cruelty, the human race should have evolved beyond abusing defenseless children by now
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Sadly I think in that respect we have gone backwards, or maybe it's just being better reported now
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 11:53 AM
OK, i'm BACK heh,heh. mine is, why do ladies have to use huge land-cruisers (4x4s) to do their shopping ? i was in asda car park last week, and this one was taking up 1 1/2 parking bays. i can't understand why folk run around town in them, is it a status symbol? (mine's bigger than your's) is it an inferiority complex they have ? ! they only get about 15 mls to the gallon running local trips. it would'nt be so bad if they could park the things properly. 4x4s are supposed to be all-terrain/off road vehicles, i bet 90% of them have never been used for that purpose. never mind, they're gonna get whacked for £400 next year for road duty, heh,heh.

er, no sarky remarks, please, about road tax, yez all know where i stand on that one.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't!
Becky
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »