Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:58 AM

IATA approved dog crates

Can anyone recommend a site where I can get a cheap IATA approved pet carrier. I have a puppy going to Germany. He is 19" to the top of his head and 19" from nose to rump.
Thanks!!
Becky
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I Googled and found plenty ,but some say you need to check what requirements the airline he is flying with has as they can differ ...Good luck
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I found plenty too, just rather expensive lol!! The cheapest so far is £49.99!! I hoped someone would know of a cheap site!!
Becky
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I flew with a pup a couple of years ago and the airline allowed any type of crate aslong as the dog could stand up and turn round easily. I used a normal crate that I already had.

I was charged double the cost of flying the pup for taking a small folded up crate on a different airline on the way to get him. They said it did not class as normal luggage despite it being smaller than the average suitcase
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:59 AM
The lady who is having him is flying out to the airport and taking him back so thought it best to get the right crate so there are no issues.
Becky