Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 02:48 PM

I give up!

So we had the boiler done begining of the month,they had to run a pipe outside and it had to go into the bathroom.

So all the boarding behind the toilet and sink was removed along with the bath panel and skirting board.

Whilst this was removed it was discovered we had a leak from somewhere,but the guys were not entirely sure where it was coming from.
Anyway this was reported by the woman in charge of maintainance along with the panels and skirting that needed replacing.
We had a letter a few days later stating an appontment had been made for today for the plumber to call,nothing about the woodwork that needed doing,so I rang them and was told it was all down to be done today.

Anyway cue today and the guy comes out to find the leak,still not sure where it's coming from and he knows nothing about the woodwork that needs doing

Anyway I ring the H/A, and the wood work hasn't been raised as a job
Whilst on the phone the guy tells me he thinks we have a cracked brick,hence the rain and wind are getting through causing the water and draft.
Woman on the phone tells me she will call back with an appointment for wood work.

I tell her again what the repair guy said about the cracked brick and it's no good just repairing the wood work without first doing the brick,her reply was that the repair guy needs to report it,then they will investigate

So now we have an appointment on the 9th of sept which will be a waste of time unless someone looks at this cracked brick in the meantime.
Why she couldn't take the report from me I don't know,I'm sure they just like been awkward!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 06:33 PM
bl**dy paperwork and procedures...defies common sense....

Good luck hun

Alex
xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Oh heck Sal, it does seem so silly that they wouldn't just take his word for it over the phone!

Hope your leak gets sorted soon - especially when Winter doesn't seem so far away
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Well it must have been reported properly because the surveyor has just been.
Yes we do have an issue with a brick So it's down to be done when that will be is anybodies guess
loobey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2010, 04:09 PM
isn't it just typical of h/a. sometimes they just go round and round in circles. it is such a wase of time. plus the fact that you've been left in chaos and will have to make arrangemants to be in for them etc. maddening!!!